Deadline: On Rolling basis
Applications for the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Master Thesis Fellowship 2021 are now open. To promote research and education in cyber-defence, the EPFL and the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Campus have jointly launched the “CYD Fellowships – A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research.”
The CYD Master Thesis Fellowships are open to researchers at master level who are willing to engage with issues cutting across the frontiers of cyber-security and data science, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems.
- Privacy-enhancing technologies.
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data.
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living allowance equal to CHF 2,000 per month for a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Research costs: a maximum amount of CHF 1,500 can be granted for research costs.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply for the CYD Master Thesis Fellowships.
- No age restrictions apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master program at a higher education institution (university or school of applied sciences) in Switzerland and have the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution willing to supervise them.
All required documents must be submitted via the online submission platform. All documents must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit CYD Master Thesis Fellowship.