Due Date: October 31, 2018
Applications are welcomed for the Cycloton Roadway Program for Innovators 2019 The program is developed to offer innovators the runway, tools, understanding, and networks they require to turn an appealing principle into a transformative item.
As a fellow at Cyclotron Roadway, you’ll become part of a vibrant neighborhood of researchers, engineers, technologists, and business owners who are dedicated to producing a favorable social effect with innovation. Cyclotron Roadway fellows are embedded in the Berkeley research study community for 2 years with a specific required to bring their concepts to the point of industrial practicality.
Individuals picked for Friend 5 will get:
- A 2 year fellowship — Consists of an individual living stipend varying from $80,000 to $110,000/ year depending upon experience, together with complete specific medical insurance, and approximately $12,000/ year travel allowance;-LRB- **************).
- Laboratory gain access to and research study financing — Unencumbered gain access to and $100,000 in seed research study financing at Berkeley Laboratory, with the possible to likewise access UC Berkeley as part of the pilot collaboration;-LRB- **************).
- Mentorship, education, and networking — Extensive mentorship and education from the program group and direct exposure to a large range of leaders from academic community, market, federal government, and financing.
- Innovators might use as people or as the technical leader of an existing group or small company;-LRB- **************).
- For approval into the program, candidates:.
- Needs to be the technical leader( s) of their effort, with Ph.D. or comparable experience in a technical field
- Needs to be working to advance a tough tech principle based upon a development in the physical or life sciences, or associated engineering disciplines
- Candidates that have actually raised more than $2,000,000 in financial obligation or equity financing from non-governmental sources within 3 years prior to program approval are disqualified;-LRB- **************).
- Strong choice for candidates that have actually raised less than $500,000 to date;-LRB- **************).
- Strong choice for candidates who have actually not formerly established a tough tech business;-LRB- **************).
- If an effort has 2 technical leads, both people need to use in a single application so long as they are thought about complete leaders/founders with decision-making authority;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates are not needed to have a bundled entity in order to use; nevertheless, picked individuals will be needed to develop a proper legal entity for their task if picked to get assistance from the program.
Applications need to include a single PDF file consisting of the following details:
- You (one page)– A one page resume for the technical leader( s) requesting the fellowship (approximately 2 per application)
- Your vision (2 pages)– Explain the innovation principle you wish to pursue. Utilize the Heilmeier catechism as a guide for what’s most appropriate.
- Why Cyclotron Roadway? (one page)– What many attracts you to Cyclotron Roadway? Why would this be the perfect house for you and your task (vs. alternative courses)? Which individuals or centers at Berkeley Laboratory and UC Berkeley would be especially important in supporting your work?
- What else? (one page)– An additional page. Your call.
To learn more, go to Cyclotron Roadway