Deadline: October 14, 2018
Applications are open for the second D-Prize Global Competition for aspiring entrepreneurs around the world. D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions. Are you ready to launch a pilot social venture that will impact thousands, even millions, of lives? Apply and make your mark in global health, governance and infrastructure, clean energy, or education.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + GIRL’S EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
If selected they will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if:
- you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and
- you need high risk capital.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between). All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world. Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
- Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Proposals must be written in English.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on September 4th, 2018.
- Early Submission Deadline: October 14th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 4th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 400 people who register): November 25th, 2018 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Prepare your concept note and resume(s), and clearly name your files. Concept notes and resumes can be separate documents. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Input your contact details and upload your documents
For more information, visit D-Prize.