Applications are open for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses for Africans 2021. This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in selected fields and to prepare them in practice-oriented courses for their professional life.
Very good graduates with a first university degree and with at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the development of their home country. On completion of the academic education a six month practical phase will follow. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the improvement of employability: The programme contributes to the provision of academically qualified experts for the economic development within the special initiative’s core areas.
- Scholarship of currently monthly €861 for selected master’s programmes at selected German institutions of higher education. The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- Contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- Appropriate travel allowance.
- Study and research subsidy.
- Monthly rent subsidy where applicable.
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- 2-months-German language course prior to the beginning of the respective course.
- For courses taught in German: 6-months-German language course from April 2021 to September 2021. The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master’s programmes. The language course is compulsory.
- Scholarships for a six month practical phase after graduation possible.
- The scholarship programme is open to graduates from Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal and Tunisia with mandatory focus in the following assigned fields:
- Development of business parks and industrial zones
- Agrobusiness and Value Creation
- Automotive and Mobility
- Information and Communication Technology/ Digital Economy/
New Technologies (including Renewable Energy/ Energy
- Textile Industry.
- Applicants should have a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) and at least two year of relevant working experience in the relevant fields
- Eager to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- Scholarship is offered both for young graduates with professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- Study results so far
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL
- German – required for courses taught in German
Note: For detailed information see the relevant master´s course
description on their web pages
- At least two years of working experience in a relevant field at
the time of application
- A convincing description of the subject-related and personal
motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected
benefit when returning to the home country
Applications must be submitted in German or English.
The necessary documents are:
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (only electronically editing possible)
- Personally signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation), maximum 2 pages with reference to the current employment.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 2 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Personally signed and dated full curriculum vitae including information about the precise field of your studies and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Acquired university degrees (please attach an explanation of the grading system)
- Transcript of records
- Recent language certificates (German and/or English)
- One letter of recommendation, signed and recently dated by your current employer, supplemented by an official letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope).
Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied by the necessary documents to the two courses of your choice. Do NOT send it to DAAD.
For more information, visit DAAD.