Application Due Date: February 3, 2019
The Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) experience is an immersive, year-long dedication that coaches each Fellow through a management curriculum motivated by excellent leaders like the Dalai Lama. This curriculum will assist you end up being more conscious, boost awareness of your inner worths and how they associate with your work, deeply get in touch with individuals around you, and offer brand-new methods of structure sustainable services to intricate issues.
Dalai Lama Fellows, established in 2010 with the motivation and support of the 14 th Dalai Lama, is reimagining management by cultivating and supporting an international motion of next generation leaders using universal worths and regional understanding to resolve international obstacles at the common level. The program is nonreligious and ecumenical.
Award year-long Fellowships to such next generation leaders that are dealing with social modification tasks in regional neighborhoods to attend to several of the following locations: mitigating financial variation, decreasing violence, gender injustice, enhancing cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, assisting in brand-new and more holistic academic techniques, and improving ecological sustainability.
We offer each Job Fellow with:
- Immersion in our unique yearlong Head, Heart, Hands management curriculum;-LRB- *******************).
- One-on-one training to support their tasks in social modification and individual advancement as reflective and collective leaders;-LRB- *******************).
- Involvement in 2 week-long Worldwide Assembliesy with Fellows from all over the world and vibrant professors; and
- Long-lasting association in our international knowing neighborhood and support group.
We are welcoming interested candidates to take part in a sincere self-reflection procedure that uses a chance not just to use to the program however likewise to assess individual worths and objectives.
Be Genuine: As you assess and react to these concerns, keep in mind not to inform us what you believe we wish to hear. Be genuine with yourself and share that credibility with our group.
Be Bold: This application is a chance to assess how you can grow as a leader. Be courageously strong, picture the type of leader you can end up being, and inform us about it.
Be Thoughtful: Require time to react to each concern. Conserve drafts. Share reflections with relied on good friends and coworkers. The most effective applications are not just well composed however show consideration and self-questioning.
Conserve an Offline Copy: We advise that you initially reiew the whole application and after that hang around offline composing your reactions in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Make sure to conserve an offline copy in case of a technological mistake or damaged connection.
In order to satisfy the minimum requirements, a prospect needs to show the following through the application:
( 1) Next generation leader who is in between ages 20-35 years;-LRB- ********).
( 2) Fluency in composed and spoken English;-LRB- ********).
( 3) Experience or interest in knowing and practicing reflective practices throughout the year;-LRB- ********).
( 4 ) Description of task of social change/justice that can be carried out for many years;-LRB- ********).
( 5) Thorough understanding of the neighborhood and the concern that the proposed task is looking for to operate in and address, ideally with more than one year of previous experience dealing with the neighborhood in concern;-LRB- ********).
( 6) Dedication to taking part in our online knowing platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;-LRB- ********).
( 7 ) Presence at week-long Worldwide Assembly in June 2019 and once again in June 2020, involvement in month-to-month training calls through video conference, involvement in month-to-month group calls with other Fellows, conclusion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows includes 6 huge parts:
- Your Resume/CV
- Candidate Background and Summary
- One Recommendation Letter
- Essay Concerns
- Application Video
- February 3, 2019: All applications due
- April 15– 30, 2019: All Fellows are chosen and alerted
- Might 1-June 2019: Virtual Onboarding of Fellows and Initial Curriculum
- June 2019 (TBD): 5 Day Worldwide Assembly in the United States
- July 2019– May 2020: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, month-to-month training calls, discovering groups, task execution in regional neighborhoods
- June 2020 and beyond: 5 Day Gobal Assembly in the United States, where Fellows formally finish their Fellowship year and graduate into LifeLong Fellows international management and discovering neighborhood
For More Details: