Due Date: October 10, 2019
Applications are open for the Daniele Tamagni Grant for Greater Photography Education 2019 This is a global Photography Grant with financing for a Scholarship for college and is created to sponsor young and emerging professional photographers.
The spirit of this effort promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its imagination, the effect of its visual looks on the continent and the diaspora and the extensive expedition of the photography media.
The Receiver of the Scholarship will be entitled to:
- Advanced Program in Photography or Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Program annual tuition at the Market Picture Workshop School in Johannesburg, South Africa (end of January to December 2020)
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the home to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Support in the visa application, when needed
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance coverage for the length of the Scholarship
- A month-to-month bursary of 9,000 ZAR for lodging, meals, transportation and other expense expenditures
- Curation of a brand-new body of work to be established throughout the Scholarship and to be provided for admission to the 2020 edition of the Celebration Visa put l’Image
- The Receiver of the Scholarship in September 2020 will take a trip to Perpignan, throughout the Visa put l’Image. There the Receiver will be presented to global Picture Editors and, based upon the quality of the portfolio previously provided, have the chance to participate in devoted programs and conferences
Candidate should confirm that
- Her/his age is in between 18- 30 years ( as at July 31,2019)
- To be the sole author of the photos
- Has ownership of the exclusive rights in the photos
- The sent portfolio does not infringe 3rd party copyrights or breaches personal privacy rights
- Credits, captions and authorial terms specifically come from the candidate and the Receiver concurs for interaction, promo and cultural efforts. The Daniele Tamagni Estate will certify, with regards to all time and without rights, using the images from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its recreation).
Each candidate should send the following:
- A portfolio of minutes 20, max 30, totally captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- Max 2 tasks with a summary or a description of the task( s). ( PDF, max 500 strokes)
- A statement of efficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- A brief bio and a inspiration declaration for participating in the course
- Just, when possible, a short review by their Instructor( s).
To learn more, go to Daniele Tamagni Grant