Deadline: August 21, 2020
Are you passionate about technology for the protection of human rights? Are you interested in the use, analysis and visualization of data? Do you know how to design, communicate, and have an innovative spirit? If the answer is “yes!” and you over 18 years old, the DataJam Pasos Libres is for you!
The DataJam Pasos Libres is an 8-day online competition in which 150 participants from all over Colombia and the world will develop solutions based on data and data use cases to identify human trafficking patterns, networks and hotspots in Latin America. This year, the event will be held online, bringing together more young innovators, experts and partners than ever before. Besides, the initiative seeks to collaborate with the winning teams to promote the development of the proposed solutions and data cases in the Traffik Analysis Hub ecosystem: the most advanced technological solution in the counter-trafficking field in the world.
Participating teams will have access to expert mentoring and IBM technologies that will enhance their ability to overcome the proposed challenge. The competition will start on Friday, August 28 and end on Friday, September 4. The agenda includes talks, workshops and mentoring.
- The team that occupies the first place will get $ 4,000,000 (COP) in cash plus 1-year Platzi Expert Plans for each of the team members.
- Second and third place will receive Platzi Basic Plans for one month.
- All participants will obtain a certificate of participation.
The cash and in-kind prizes apply only to participants in Latin America.
- Open to undergraduate, graduate, technicians and professionals with knowledge in the development of technological solutions, data analysis, design, marketing, business and finance, as well as human trafficking, human rights, crime prevention, justice, care to victims, among other related areas.
- The undergraduate students must be studying at least the year or semester that represents 60% of their career.
- All participants must be over 18 years old.
- You must form an interdisciplinary work team, with a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of five (5) members. Each team must have at least one data scientist, programmer or developer.
- Each participant must have a computer with the requirements (hardware and software) they consider necessary plus Internet access. The organizers of the event will provide access to IBM technologies, digital tools for collaborative work, and communication, as well as the data sets necessary for the development of the competition. Participants will be able to collect, create and use their own data sets and any other tool or material they consider necessary.
To take part in the competition:
- Form a multidisciplinary team of 4 to 5 participants. Each team must have at least one data scientist, programmer or developer.
- Register your team by completing the registration form. Remember to wait for the confirmation of your selection.
- Study the training material on Human Trafficking and Data, then investigate and explore alternatives to innovative solve the competition’s challenges.
- Develop your solution and data use case during the eight days of competition. Your team will have access to expert talks, workshops and mentoring.
For more information, visit DataJam Pasos Libres.