Due Date: November 21, 2019
Are you an increasing female business owner based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa utilizing tech to fix a regional advancement obstacle? The International Tech Center Network has actually introduced the Africa-UK: Female Tech Creators 2020.
The program will bring 15 of the continent’s most enthusiastic development-focused ladies business owners to the UK in January. If you’re based in Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa, you might access to first-rate mentoring, 1:1 time with UK financiers and skilled training to assist scale your business.
Throughout a 3 day customized program (January 20– 22), individuals will gain from masterclasses, occasions and workshops created to offer extensive training on how to scale and grow their service, broaden into the UK, and how finest to place their purpose-driven organisations. Individuals will find the UK’s prospering tech environment, checking out brand-new chances for international collaborations and increased financial investment through peer-to-peer networking.
The program will consist of:
- Training session led by effective female tech leaders sharing their financing journey
- Masterclass occasion covering: safeguarding IP and raising overseas financing; accessing financing; scaling a function driven social effect service; safeguarding clients’ information
- Roundtable with GEP alumni resolving scaling effectively in the UK
- Customized mentoring occasion with UK start-ups, consisting of female creators
- Development trip of co-working areas, consisting of Google School
- Networking supper with UK and African business owners
Activities will be provided by UK tech professionals and the Department for International Trade’s Worldwide Business owner Program (GEP) Dealmakers and alumni, consisting of popular female tech leaders. The program will be provided along with the Africa Financial investment Top, happening in London on 20 January. They anticipate winners to be able to go to the Top.
- Flights, lodging and meals will be covered by the International Tech Center Network
- Open to female creator leading a business within any tech sub-sector
- Can show a clear service design
- MVP item or model (i.e. should be totally running in market)
- Can show clear social effect capacity
- Can show dedication to reinforce the regional environment by handing down knowings to other start-ups
- Aspiration to broaden worldwide in the future
- Produce a video (max 1 minute) informing us about your start-up and why this chance thrills you (electronic camera dealing with, not told)
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Fill Out the application and consist of the video link
For more details, go to Africa-UK: Female Tech Creators