Due Date: February 8, 2019
Applications are open for the Deutsche Welle (DW) Akademie Data Journalism Fellowship 2019 The Dataship is a 12- month fellowship program that unites 15 of the brightest early-career information reporters from non-OECD nations to cultivate the advancement of data-driven reporting.
The program integrates customized trainings and networking chances, providing chosen fellows a special and unique chance to find out, exchange concepts and get in touch with their equivalents all over the world to end up being supporters of information journalism in their own nations.
Fellows are anticipated to
- Produce a terrific data-driven job prior to April 2020 (anticipated work volume: 120 hours) and report on development as soon as every 2 months
- Release your job with a regional media company
- Go to the 2 training sessions and the 2 conferences
- Take part in conference panels or other occasions when suitable
- Interact about your involvement in the program (e.g. article)
- Operate in a favorable and considerate method with other individuals
Fellows will get
- Approximately EUR2,000 to support your job work
- 2 all-expenses-paid training sessions in May 2019 and January2020 The trainings are customized to fit your (and the other fellows’) discovering requirements
- All-expenses-paid invites to 2 significant conferences to provide your job work. They link you with a growing neighborhood of information reporters around the world and guarantee constant exchange of resources, understanding and finest practices
- Continuous assistance from professionals (UX designers, D3.js developers, statisticians, graphic designers, job supervisors …) throughout the program.
- Candidates need to recognize with the tools of information journalism. In specific, they need to:.
- Know how to utilize sophisticated spreadsheet performances such as pivot tables, filters and vertical lookups.
- Know how to utilize online visualization software application such as Datawrapper or Infogram.
- Candidates need to have released a minimum of one story utilizing information journalism methods in a news media;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to be homeowners of a nation that is not a member of the OECD;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to have a command of English corresponding a minimum of to the B2 level of the Typical European Structure of Referral for Languages. Keep in mind that, apart from the application, individuals will not be anticipated to compose in English (unless they pick to compose their job in English, obviously). Nevertheless, English will be the language of the trainings and conferences.
In the application, you will be needed, to name a few products, to send:
- A declaration of as much as 1000 words detailing your proposed information job,
- A sample of your work
Applications need to be made online by completing this kind
If, for personal privacy or security factors, you do not want to utilize a Google Kind, do not hesitate to download the kind, fill it out and send it to [email protected] in a GPG-encrypted email ( their public secret is here), Signal or Whatsapp message (+491702875332).
For more details, go to DW Fellowship