Application Due Date: January 11, 2019.
The DW Akademie Traineeship is among the most distinguished journalism training programs in Europe, offering you the possibility to discover all the abilities you require to work effectively as a multimedia press reporter and editor. The DW traineeship is everything about acquiring hands-on experience in radio, TELEVISION and online with a mix of extensive useful training blocks and newsroom positionings both within DW and worldwide. In this, students gain from DW’s strong ties to other German public broadcasters and global media homes.
Students are likewise able to check out the journalism patterns of the future– from digital storytelling to information journalism and virtual truth. In addition, you will have the possibility to establish a bigger piece of ingenious material through participation in the plan’s journalism tasks.
DW is trying to find youths from all over the world thinking about a detailed, remarkable quality journalism program with a worldwide broadcaster. Prospects need to have journalism experience or be enthusiastic about changing to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences.
DW is trying to find unbiased individuals filled with innovative concepts. The program covers the series of abilities a reporter of the future requirements: TELEVISION small amounts, multimedia storytelling, information journalism, social networks and virtual truth– in workshops, workshops and obviously the DW editorial workplaces and our reporter bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW students are associated with long-lasting ingenious, global tasks and have actually been honored in previous years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Reward. After the traineeship, the students normally continue to work for DW.
DW are trying to find innovative minds who show DW’s cultural and linguistic variety and who have something to state.
- native speaker of among DW’s languages, and exceptional English and German abilities
- finished university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are specifically trying to find those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- standard journalism experience
- material released or transmitted
- innovative mind
- exceptional judge of journalism material
- social networks experience
- capability to operate in a busy environment, both within groups and separately
- strong MS Workplace abilities, standard audio and video production abilities, information abilities.
The DW Traineeship provides:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism abilities
- innovation training throughout TELEVISION, radio and online
- focused workshops provided by knowledgeable fitness instructors
- positionings with different DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin in addition to in among our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- positioning with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or around the world
- the possibility to produce a bigger journalism piece based upon your own concept
- a wage paid throughout the traineeship
- the possibility of a DW employment agreement upon effective conclusion of the traineeship.
- 18 months
• student income
• global broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TELEVISION, online and radio
• 6 months of workshop blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• positioning with DW foreign bureau
( Washington, Brussels, Moscow)
• global multimedia tasks
• widely known media fitness instructors
To Learn More: