Due Date: October 11, 2019
Applications are open for the Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program 2019 The Deutsches Museum in Munich has numerous appealing scholarships to use research study scholars thinking about working for 6 or 12 months on jobs including the museum’s huge and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship program is worldwide and interdisciplinary in scope.
Candidates are welcomed to base their jobs on the collections of the Deutsches Museum and to work together carefully with museum personnel on website when developing their research study propositions. Jobs including ingenious techniques to artefact-oriented research study are specifically welcome.
Throughout their stay, checking out scholars will have everyday contact with the museum’s managers, archivists and curators (roughly 50 team member) in addition to members of the Münchner Zentrum für Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte (Munich Center for the History of Science and Innovation; roughly 50 team member).
- Pre-doctoral stipends: EUR 7,500(6 months)/ EUR 15,00 0 (complete year)
- Post-doctoral stipends: EUR 15,00 0 (6 months)/ EUR 30,00 0 (complete year)
- Scholarship holders will have their own office with a desktop and telephone, and the chance to live momentarily in subsidized apartment or condos of the museum complex insofar as these are offered. They will provide their research study jobs to coworkers at the start of their stay and will be anticipated to get involved frequently in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops.
- Scholars at any level of seniority are qualified to use, offered they have at least one university degree (Master or PhD). Bachelor’s Degree is not adequate;-LRB- **************).
- There are no limitations concerning citizenship;-LRB- **************).
- All scholars are asked for to make their own arrangements for medical insurance.
- The capability to check out German is a requirement for the application (passive language abilities).
Please send out applications, consisting of:
- Finished application ( PDF file or RTF file)
- Curriculum vitae
- Job description (3 to 5 pages)
- 2 personal referrals (can be sent out straight by the referees)
to the following address:
Organizer of the Research Study Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
Email: a.waltherdeutsches-museum. de
For more details, see Deutsches Museum