Application Due Date: 18 th November 2018
You are a young African filmmaker trying to find a worldwide training platform to establish your brand-new documentary task? For the 2nd time, DOK.fest München together with the Department of Arts and Culture of the City of Munich and the University of Tv and Movie Munich (HFF) provides a Residency Program accompanied by training in story and treatment advancement, funding and pitching.
filmmakers (directors/ authors) who
- are more youthful than 35 years of ages
- hold the citizenship of a sub-Saharan African nation and mainly live and operate in Africa.
- presently deal with a feature-length documentary (minimum 52 minutes.) which is expected to be shot and produced in an African nation
- are proficient in the English language, in both its composed and spoken type
to request the DOK.network Africa Residency Program.
- 2 scholarships consisting of travel expenses to and from Munich, a mentoring and training program, regular monthly allowances and lodging in the International Artist Home Rental Property Waldberta of the City of Munich.
Residency Program 2019 (7th January to 28 th February 2019/ 1st April to 30 th May)
The DOK.network Africa residency is targeted at supporting emerging filmmakers from African nations to establish their feature-length narrative documentary tasks at the global level. The residency consists of 2 program durations: first duration: 7th January to 28 th February 2019/ second duration: 1st April to 30 th May2019 The month of March is prepared for more research study and recording in the particular house nation.
The training program 2019
Block 1: Close connection to the movie academy program, cultural exchange & expedition
Throughout the very first training block, the scholarship holders will even more establish their products in close connection with the curriculum of the University of Tv and Movie Munich (HFF). The program consists of workshops and mentoring in the following locations:
- Story and treatment advancement
- Budgeting and funding
- Pitch training
This stage likewise consists of cultural exchange occasions in Munich in addition to a trip to the Berlinale.
Block 2: Pitching at DOK.fest 2019
Throughout the 2nd stay, the citizens will have the chance to pitch their tasks at the market platform of DOK.fest München, the DOK.forum Market (9th to 12 th May 2019). This duration consists of the following actions:
- Pitch training
- Pitch production
At chosen roundtables, all taking part filmmakers will be welcomed to talk about and more establish their tasks with manufacturers, commissioning editors, suppliers and sales representatives particularly thinking about African material. The goal is to help with brand-new co-productions through targeted matchmaking. The citizens will get complete accreditation for the 34 th DOK.fest München from 8th to 19 th May2019 The month of March is prepared for more research study and recording in the particular house nation.
In order to request the Residency Program please send out the following 2 PDF files in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the application entirely (please just modify the downloaded variation!)
( Please place your very first and 2nd name in the title of the PDF file: LastName_FirstName _ OnlineForm_DNA _2019)
Please likewise send us your task overview as one single PDF file (max. 2 MB), covering the following elements:
- Task title
- Summary (max. 4,000 characters)
- Movie length (please note that we just accept tasks for function length documentary starting from 52 minutes.)
- Visual principle (what is your desired method and which cinematic methods are you going to utilize? E.g. Observational/ interview/ essay movie and so on/ Informed with e.g. archive product/ fictionalised components/ animation and so on)
- Director’s declaration (why do you wish to do this movie? Max. 2,000 characters)
Budget strategy and funding method
Please place your very first and 2nd name in addition to the task title in the title of the PDF file: LastName_FirstName_ProjectTitle _ DNA _2019)
To Find Out More: