Due Date: January 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellowship Program 2019 The Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute welcomes propositions from individuals and companies who want to partner with them on ingenious tasks that enhance democracy through much better journalism.
Whatever your concept, its advantages ought to reach other wire service and individuals who depend upon them. Effective tasks frequently consist of developing brand-new methods to make the most of a chance or resolve an issue, constructing brand-new tools for wire service, changing a concept into a market-tested model or advancing a model so it’s all set for financial investment or a complete item launch.
There are 3 formats for RJI Fellowships:
- Residential fellowships: They are created for individuals, inside and outside media markets, who wish to work together with RJI in the pursuit of options to a specific journalism issue. Residential fellows invest 8 months on school at the Missouri School of Journalism, making the most of the intellectual and technological resources of RJI and the school and connecting with Missouri professors and trainees. Resource examples consist of access to developers and app designers, financial backing to carry out marketing research, and paid trainees to produce multimedia material. Solutions– in the kind of methods, services or products– established from these concepts would be shown numerous news and news-related companies. You need to live in Columbia, Missouri, throughout of this fellowship.
- Non-residential fellowships: They are created for entrepreneurial people with a strong interest in journalism and concerns connected to digital interactions. Your fellowship can be about something you have an interest in pursuing by yourself or something that might benefit a present company. Effective concepts, items or methods ought to function as a design for the news market or assist the market get smarter, faster and nimbler. You do not require to reside in Columbia however you will require to make periodic check outs to speak with RJI management and personnel.
- Institutional fellowships: They are created to open a few of the thoughtful, significant concepts inside newsrooms, advertisement departments, conference rooms and break spaces that for different factors can’t get any traction. RJI will work together with a leader at a business or organization who will determine a staff member who can establish a concept or lead a group that might do it. The worker will be called an RJI Fellow however will continue operating at his/her task. The stipend for this fellowship will be paid to the business or organization to be utilized for wage relief for the part-time fellow, or for another function that the business or organization figures out will finest guarantee the success of the fellowship task.
- Fellows of the Residential Fellowships get a $10,000 a month stipend and a one-time $10,000 allowance to utilize for moving or real estate;-LRB- **************).
- Fellows of the Non-residential Fellowships get a $20,000 stipend, payable regular monthly for 8 months at $2,500 each month, plus some research study and take a trip assistance;-LRB- **************).
- Fellows of the Institutional Fellowships get $20,000 payable to the business or organization, in 4 $5,000 payments
- Open to U.S. people and wire service in addition to global news outlets.
- They likewise invite propositions from global reporters who prepare to partner with U.S.-based news, innovation and civil society companies.
For more details, go to RJI Fellowships