Due Date: October 31, 2018
The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Study Program in Sustainable Advancement is now looking for applications from ingenious doctoral prospects or current Ph.D., M.D., J.D. or Sc.D. receivers who have an interest in a broad variety of concerns in sustainable advancement to join its fall 2019 friend. The Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research study program is the leading program worldwide for those devoted to a much better understanding of important clinical and social concerns in worldwide sustainable advancement.
The program offers ingenious postdoctoral scholars with the chance to construct a structure in among the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the very same time obtaining the breadth of cross-disciplinary proficiency had to deal with important concerns connected to sustainable advancement. Particular locations of research study consist of food security, energy systems, environment modification effects, hardship decrease, illness, and ecological destruction. The program provides a distinct intellectual surrounding that promotes cross-disciplinary interaction, research study and education.
Earth Institute Postdoctoral Scientist will sign up with multidisciplinary groups of impressive, dedicated researchers from throughout the Earth Institute and Columbia University. EI Postdocs are selected for twenty-four months and consultations generally start September 1. Nevertheless, depending upon specific situations, along with the requirements of a postdoc’s host research study system, consultations might start as early as July 1
- Financing: EI Postdocs will get a yearly income of $65,560 They are likewise granted a research study stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenditures connected to the visit. These funds can be utilized for moving and moving expenditures, along with for computer system, travel, conference, journal, book, software application, devices, and other research study expenses.
- External Financing: EI Postdocs are motivated to take part in the advancement and submission of research study propositions in cooperation with their coaches, host research study systems, or other scientists. When doing so, they need to follow all Columbia University guidelines appropriate to postdoctoral scholars.
- EI Postdocs are thought about Officers of Research study and are qualified for advantages supplied by Columbia University for full-time workers.
- Visas: Columbia University just grants limited-term J1 visas for non-US people.
- Real Estate: The Earth Institute does not offer real estate allotment for postdoctoral scientists.
The program hosts a series of activities that check out interdisciplinary concerns in sustainable advancement, bring the postdocs together as a neighborhood, and present the postdocs to a varied variety of Columbia professors and scientists.
- Orientation: A weeklong series of info sessions and check outs to Earth Institute research study systems.
- Spring and Fall Symposia: 2 public seminar annually where both first-year and second-year postdocs provide their research study and take part in conversations with the audience. The seminar supplied a fantastic chance for postdocs to engage the Columbia research study neighborhood along with the bigger public in ingenious research study in sustainable advancement.
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Seminars: A weekly workshop series where each postdoc provides her or his continuous research study. Going to speakers likewise take part in the workshops. Postdocs might likewise collaborate group jobs that are developed, talked about and carried out throughout these times. The conferences are casual and developed to cultivate interdisciplinary and analytical conversations amongst EI Postdocs, professors and scientists. Lunch is supplied. 2 second-year EI Postdocs collaborate the workshops each year.
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Retreats and Unique Occasions: Unique trips to distinct areas in the New york city City location that look for to develop a sense of neighborhood amongst the postdocs, to link them to New york city, and to offer intellectual stimuli.
- Other Earth Institute Workshop Series: EI Postdocs get invites to other occasions and speaker series at Columbia, consisting of those sponsored by the Earth Institute’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO), Goddard Institute for Area Research Studies (GISS), International Research Study Institute for Environment and Society (IRI), Center for Environmental Research Study and Preservation (CERC), Earth Engineering Center (EEC), Center for Global Health and Economic Advancement (CGHED), Center for Globalization and Sustainable Advancement (CGSD), Center for International Earth Science Info Network (CIESIN), and Center for Hazards and Danger Research Study (CHRR).
To be qualified for the program,
- Prospects need to have gotten their postgraduate degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within 5 years prior to the start of the visit.
- All doctoral requirements need to be satisfied and the degree granted prior to the start of the visit.
- Individuals holding present positions with rank above post-doctoral researcher are not qualified for visit under university guidelines.
- Those holding present post-doc positions need to call their workplace to identify eligibility.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. people.
- Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal chance company. Minorities and ladies are motivated to use.
- Application Opens: August 27, 2018
- Application Due Date: October 31, 2018 by 5 p.m. Eastern Requirement Time.
- Recommendation Letter Due Date: November 9, 2018 by 5 p.m. Eastern Requirement Time.
To use to the program prospects need to send the following files:
- Online Application
- Short Individual History
- Research Study Proposition
- 3 Suggestion Letters
In addition to sending the application and proposition, candidates are motivated, however not needed, to call their preferred multidisciplinary mentoring group, i.e. 2 or more senior professor or research study scientists/scholars at Columbia University with whom they want to work throughout their visit. Please keep in mind that a recommendation from a professor or scientist does not ensure approval into the program.
Click on this link to discover ways to use
To learn more, check out Earth Institute