Due Date: June 30, 2019
Applications for the Earth Journalism Network Asia-Pacific Health-Related Environment Modification Story Grants 2019 are now open. Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is using grants to reporters in the Asia-Pacific area to support data-driven, investigative reporting on the health effects of environment and ecological modification.
They are looking for data-driven or investigative stories in any nation or nations within the Asia-Pacific area, with a specific focus on how females and other marginalized groups (consisting of youth, native individuals, ethnic minorities and individuals with specials needs) are affected by environment and ecological modification. They motivate stories that report on possible services and resolve how susceptible neighborhoods are reacting to difficulties. They are likewise thinking about stories that make use of appropriate information to show the concern in an engaging and easy-to-understand method.
- EJN anticipates to award around 10 little grants at a typical grant size of US$ 2,000 each. They will think about granting a greater grant quantity for stories that need more time and resources to produce.
- Open to reporters (online, print, tv, radio) and other skilled media professionals with a performance history of reporting on environment modification, health and the crossway in between the 2. They motivate applications from freelancers and personnel from all kinds of media– global, nationwide, regional and community-based.
- For this round of grants, they are searching for applications from both:.
- Early profession reporters with less than 5 years of reporting experience and;-LRB- **************).
- Mid-level/senior press reporters who have at least 5 years of experience.
- For the functions of this grant call, they are accepting applications from South Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia and the Pacific area however not Australia or New Zealand. They are likewise not able to accept applications from Pakistan at this time.
- Stories can be produced in any language. However candidates who mean to compose or produce stories in their regional language requirement to likewise consist of an English translation.
- Text-based stories: 1,000 to 3,000 words
- Picture stories: 10-20 images with detailed captions and a brief 200-400 word intro
- Multimedia plan: Text in between 600 to 1,500 words with 2-4 minute video and/or graphics, pictures and maps
- Broadcast: Video piece around 4-6 minutes in length with a brief, approximately 200- word intro
- Audio report/podcast: Function of approximately 20 minutes in length with brief text to sum up the audio.
Candidates ought to think about the following points when creating their story propositions
- Timing: They anticipate the proposed story or stories to be released by 31 December 2019.
- Importance: Does the proposition fulfill the requirements and goals? Why does this story matter and to whom? Is the essence, context and general worth to the target market plainly specified?
- Angle: If the story has been covered by mainstream media, does your proposition bring brand-new insights into the subject or use a fresh angle?
- Effect: Does the proposition have an engaging story or investigative component that will notify and engage, draw attention, set off argument and prompt action?
- Ingenious storytelling: Making use of innovative methods and information visualization will be thought about a plus.
- Expediency: Can the story be reasonably finished within the target amount of time? Is the budget plan reasonable?
- Variety: They will take gender and geographical circulation into account when choosing the beneficiaries in addition to the requirements above.
- Each application will need an in-depth budget plan proposition. Download and finish the budget plan type prior to starting the application given that you’ll be asked to connect it.
- In addition to addressing the concerns on the type, they ask that every candidate send a resume/CV and 3 samples of your reporting.
For additional information, check out EJN Grants