Due Date: December 1, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the East-West Center Academic Degree Fellowship 2020/2021 The East-West Center Academic degree Fellowship supplies master’s and doctoral financing for college students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States to take part in academic, cultural, property neighborhood structure, and management advancement programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate research study at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa (UHM).
Carrying out degree research studies at UHM through an East-West Center fellowship is not simply about getting a financial assistance scholarship. Given that the fundamental function of the East-West Center is to develop a sense of Asia-Pacific neighborhood and get ready for future management functions, EWC college student fellows cohabit and connect with each other in both intellectual and social activities. They are, from the really beginning, a recognizable group devoted to the idea of constructing an Asia-Pacific neighborhood.
Through team-building activities, management advancement jobs and internships, finding out about the Asia Pacific area, cultural exchange, academic enrichment events, social work and service knowing jobs, EWC academic degree fellows develop relationships and long-lasting ties to a network of individuals devoted to favorable modification in the Asia Pacific area.
The East-West Center Academic degree Fellowship supplies the following financing:
- Full-time graduate tuition and costs as much as the equivalent of the tuition charged for post-baccalaureate trainees at the University of Hawaii at Manoa towards master’s or doctoral research studies;-LRB- **************).
- Real Estate in an East-West Center dormitory, based upon single tenancy;-LRB- **************).
- A stipend to partly cover food and incidental costs;-LRB- **************).
- An allowance for books, products and products; and
- Aid towards medical insurance protection.
All arrangements above undergo alter.
- People who are people or irreversible locals of the nations noted below might request the East-West Center Academic Degree Fellowship:.
- United States
- Pacific Area: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
- Applicants for graduate programs should have gotten a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its comparable from a recognized U.S. college or university, or from an acknowledged organization of greater discovering abroad. Usually, a candidate should have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0= A scale) or the comparable, in the last 4 terms or 6 quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
Download the following application files:
As soon as you have actually examined the Application Handbook and Often Asked Concerns, go on to request the EWC Academic Degree Fellowship.
To find out more, see East-West Center