Due Date: October 1, 2018
Applications are open for the Echidna Global Scholar Program2018 The Echidna Global Scholars Program is a checking out fellowship hosted by the Center for Universal Education (HINT) at the Brookings Organization. The program intends to develop the research study, analytical, and management abilities of NGO leaders and academics who have significant experience with and ties to establishing nations, whose work has a particular concentrate on enhancing discovering chances and results for ladies in the establishing world.
Echidna International Scholars invest 4 to 6 months at Brookings Organization in Washington D.C. The structure of the program is divided into 2 primary parts to help the scholars in having effect when going back to their house nations: research study on international education concerns, and management training.
- The research study element of the program will consist of a data-collection stage in the house and a writing and analysis stage throughout a residency at Brookings. It intends to gear up international ladies’ education leaders with the abilities and assistance needed to produce a written policy research study item to impact modification for ladies in their house nations.
- The management element of this program is constructed on the understanding that mentally smart management is a core proficiency in ladies’ education management and is hence incorporated throughout the scholars’ residency at Brookings. Scholars will be exposed to brand-new structures of management and be needed to constantly believe reflexively by themselves management design and viewpoint.
Upon conclusion of their fellowship, HINT supports the scholars in executing an action strategy that uses their brand-new abilities and proficiency in the establishing nation where they have actually shown significant ties. This position would be perfect for a prospect with 10-15 years of expert experience in an associated field.
- As soon as chosen by HINT to take part in the program, Echidna Global Scholars will be anticipated to commit time to gathering information for their research study in their house nation, in preparation for their duration of residency at Brookings in Washington DC.
- Throughout their residency from early June 2019 to mid-October 2019 at the Brookings Organization, Echidna Global Scholars will deal with the center personnel on establishing their particular research study task and a method for policy effect. They will likewise take part in expert advancement training and networking chances.
- Echidna International Scholars will make use of the resources of other Brookings’ scholars, along with the prolonged public law neighborhood in Washington, D.C. by taking part in extra conferences and conferences, and connecting with the wider advancement neighborhood.
- The program anticipates the Echidna Global Scholars to have the capability to engage with other Brookings scholars and the larger policy neighborhood, to carry out expert, extensive research study, and provide spoken discussions in English. and deal with a comprehensive, innovative written research study item throughout their residency, along with a post-residency task proposition with the intent to execute their research study in their house nation upon conclusion of the program.
Please keep in mind that this position is a short-term full-time resident fellowship at Brookings (it is not a staff member position).
Candidates chosen for the fellowship will get a living stipend of USD $5,000 a month (topic to U.S. tax withholding and reporting), paid single-occupancy real estate for the four-and-a-half-month term, and round-trip travel expenditures, and a minimal medical insurance strategy.
- The program chooses experts with significant experience in and ties to establishing nations, a shown intent to go back to an establishing nation after finishing the duration of residency at Brookings, and an enthusiasm and showed dedication to ladies’ education.
- Candidates must have a background in education, advancement, economics, or an associated location, with a minimum of 10 years of expert experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; federal government; or organisation.
- Master’s degree needed; Ph.D. or research study background highly chosen.
- Strong analytical and composing abilities. Effective candidates will have an intimate understanding of education advancement concerns and gender.
- Applicants who have actually not worked clearly on ladies’ education formerly are welcome to use, however must consist of a description of how this concentrate on ladies’ education can be incorporated effectively into their existing and future work.
- Echidna International Scholars’ research study subjects need to be concentrated on education concerns for ladies, as they matter in their particular contexts. This can consist of “2nd generation” concerns, like:.
- making sure that ladies can go to and finish main and secondary school;-LRB- ************).
- making schools much safer and more safe;-LRB- ************).
- enhancing the quality of discovering for ladies;-LRB- ************).
- supporting ladies’ shift to college and work; and
- cultivating regional nation leaders to promote this work at the grassroots level.
- Subjects on the intergenerational results of ladies’ education, developments in early youth that matter for ladies’ education, ladies’ education in dispute settings, or quality education for native and/or minority ladies.
- Echidna International Scholars are likewise motivated to consist of locations of research study concentrated on ladies’ abilities advancement. Other ladies’ education concerns doing not have proof are likewise welcome.
- Echidna International Scholars need to be readily available for a full-time, on-site association with the Brookings Organization for the whole period of the residency of the program along with a pre-arrival information collection stage of research study prior to their arrival.
- Not long after choice, Echidna Global Scholars are needed to carry out research study on a subject authorized by Christina Kwauk, Fellow and lead of the Woman’s Education group at HINT.
- Scholars will provide their research study documents at a Brookings hosted day-long conference at the end of the residency.
- Each Scholar is anticipated to be an active individual in Brookings and HINT activities, consisting of, however not restricted to, regularly-scheduled organizational personnel conferences, casual conversations, workshops, discussions, and other HINT and Brookings occasions.
- Send a cover letter that discusses your objectives and intent for the program, together with your curriculum vitae or resume which will consist of a list of your publications, and fellowships, honors, awards, moneyed research study, or structure support that you have actually gotten. Please connect curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter as one file when you use, as advised.
- When triggered, connect responses to Survey, in the Composing Sample area. Click here to gain access to file
- When triggered, connect Research study Task Proposition, in the Composing Sample area. Click here to gain access to file
* Files need to be conserved with a format of Surname, First Call and record name (for instance: Doe_Jane_CV). Keep in mind that recommendation letter, composing samples and records are NOT needed. Please submit Survey and Research study Task Proposition in the Composing Sample area.
- Just candidates chosen for interviews will be gotten in touch with. Prospects chosen for interviews might be asked to send extra products. Insufficient applications, and any applications gotten after the due date will not be thought about. If you need visa sponsorship to take part in this fellowship program, your English efficiency will be confirmed by means of an unbiased evaluation as needed by the U.S. Department of State.
Timing and Application Due Dates:
- Application due date: October 1, 2018
- Tentative Residency Term: June 3, 2019- October 18, 2019
To find out more, go to Echinda Global Scholar Program