Education/ Experience Requirements:
- The program chooses specialists with considerable experience in and ties to establishing nations, a shown intent to go back to an establishing nation after finishing the duration of residency at Brookings, and an enthusiasm and showed dedication to ladies’ education.
- Candidates need to have a background in education, advancement, economics, or an associated location, with a minimum of 10 years of expert experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; federal government; or organisation.
- Master’s degree needed; Ph.D. or research study background highly chosen.
Strong analytical and composing abilities. Effective candidates will have an intimate understanding of education advancement problems and gender.
- Please keep in mind that this position is a short-term full-time resident fellowship at Brookings (it is not a staff member position).
- Candidates picked for the fellowship will get a living stipend of USD $5,000 a month (topic to U.S. tax withholding and reporting), paid single-occupancy real estate for the four-and-a-half-month term, and round-trip travel costs, and a restricted medical insurance strategy.
Echidna International Scholars need to be readily available for a full-time, on-site association with the Brookings Organization for the whole period of the residency of the program along with a pre-arrival information collection stage of research study prior to their arrival. Not long after choice, Echidna Global Scholars are needed to perform research study on a subject authorized by Christina Kwauk, Fellow and lead of the Woman’s Education group at HINT. Scholars will provide their research study documents at a Brookings hosted day-long conference at the end of the residency. Each Scholar is anticipated to be an active individual in Brookings and HINT activities, consisting of, however not restricted to, regularly-scheduled organizational personnel conferences, casual conversations, workshops, discussions, and other HINT and Brookings occasions.
Ways To Use:
- Send a cover letter that discusses your objectives and intent for the program, together with your curriculum vitae or resume which will consist of a list of your publications, and fellowships, honors, awards, moneyed research study, or structure support that you have actually gotten. Please connect curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter as one file when you use, as advised.
- When triggered, connect responses to Survey, in the Composing Sample area. Click here to gain access to file
- When triggered, connect Research study Task Proposition, in the Composing Sample area. Click here to gain access to file
* Files need to be conserved with a format of Surname, First Call and record name (for instance: Doe_Jane_CV). Keep in mind that recommendation letter, composing samples and records are NOT needed. Please submit Survey and Research study Task Proposition in the Composing Sample area.
- Just candidates picked for interviews will be gotten in touch with. Prospects picked for interviews might be asked to send extra products. Insufficient applications, and any applications gotten after the due date will not be thought about. If you need visa sponsorship to take part in this fellowship program, your English efficiency will be validated by means of an unbiased evaluation as needed by the U.S. Department of State.
Timing and Application Due Dates:
- Application due date: October 1, 2018
- Tentative Residency Term: June 3, 2019- October 18, 2019
To Find Out More: