Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications for the 2020 Echidna Worldwide Scholars Program are now open. The Echidna Global Scholars Program is a going to fellowship hosted by the Center for Universal Education (HINT), within the Worldwide Economy and Advancement program, at the Brookings Organization.
The Echidna Worldwide Scholars Program (the Program) intends to construct the research study, analytical, and management abilities of NGO leaders and academics who have considerable experience with and ties to establishing nations, whose work has a particular concentrate on enhancing finding out chances and results for ladies in the establishing world. This position would be perfect for a prospect with 10-15 years of expert experience in an associated field. Echidna Worldwide Scholars invest 4 to 6 months at Brookings Organization in Washington D.C. The structure of the Program is divided into 2 primary parts to help the scholars in having effect when going back to their house nations: research study on worldwide education concerns, and management training.
As soon as chosen by HINT to take part in the Program and while still in their house nations, Echidna Global Scholars will be anticipated to commit time to gathering information for their research study in preparation for their duration of residency at Brookings in Washington, DC. Throughout their residency from early June to mid-October 2020, Echidna Global Scholars will deal with HINT personnel to establish their particular research study task and a technique for policy effect. They will likewise take part in expert advancement training and networking chances.
Echidna Worldwide Scholars will make use of the resources of other Brookings’ scholars, in addition to the prolonged public law neighborhood in Washington, D.C. by taking part in extra conferences and conferences, and connecting with the wider advancement neighborhood. The Program anticipates the Echidna Global Scholars to have the capability to communicate with other Brookings scholars and the larger policy neighborhood; to carry out expert, extensive research study and provide spoken discussions in English; and to deal with a substantial, advanced written research study item throughout their residency, in addition to a post-residency task proposition with the intent to execute their research study in their house nation upon conclusion of the program.
Please keep in mind that this position is a short-term full-time resident fellowship at Brookings (it is not a staff member position).
Candidates chosen for the fellowship will get a living stipend of USD $5,000 a month while in D.C. (based on U.S. tax withholding and reporting), paid single-occupancy real estate for the four-and-a-half-month term, round-trip travel expenditures, and a restricted medical insurance strategy.
- The program chooses experts with considerable experience in and ties to establishing nations, a shown intent to go back to an establishing nation after finishing the duration of residency at Brookings, and an enthusiasm and showed dedication to ladies’ education.
- Candidates must have a background in education, advancement, economics, or an associated location, with a minimum of 10 years of expert experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; federal government; or service.
- Master’s degree needed; Ph.D. or research study background highly chosen.
- Strong analytical and composing abilities. Effective candidates will have an intimate understanding of education advancement concerns and gender.
- Applicants who have actually not worked clearly on ladies’ education formerly are welcome to use, however must consist of a description of how this concentrate on ladies’ education can be incorporated effectively into their present and future work.
- Echidna Worldwide Scholars need to be readily available for a full-time, on-site association with the Brookings Organization for the whole period of the residency and need to have the ability to finish the pre-arrival information collection stage of research study.
- Right after choice, Echidna Global Scholars are needed to carry out research study on a subject authorized by HINT personnel.
- Scholars will provide their research study documents at a day-long seminar hosted by Brookings at the end of the residency.
- Each Scholar is anticipated to be an active individual in Brookings and HINT activities, consisting of, however not restricted to, regularly-scheduled organizational personnel conferences, casual conversations, workshops, discussions, and other HINT and Brookings occasions.
- Send a cover letter that describes your objectives and intent for the program, in addition to your curriculum vitae or resume which will consist of a list of your publications, and fellowships, honors, awards, moneyed research study, or structure support that you have actually gotten. Please connect curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter as one file when you use, as advised.
- When triggered, connect responses to Survey. Click here to gain access to file
- When triggered, connect Research study Task Proposition. Click here to gain access to file
Files need to be conserved with a format of Surname, First Call and record name (for instance: Doe_Jane_CV). Keep in mind that recommendation letters, composing samples, and records are NOT needed. Please publish Survey and Research study Task Proposition in the Composing Sample area.
- Just candidates chosen for interviews will be gotten in touch with. Prospects chosen for interviews might be asked to send extra products. Insufficient applications, and any applications gotten after the due date will not be thought about. If you need visa sponsorship to take part in this fellowship program, your English efficiency will be validated by means of an unbiased evaluation as needed by the U.S. Department of State.
For additional information, see Echidna Worldwide Scholars