Due Date: June 28, 2019
Applications for the Electric South New Dimensions Laboratory 2019 are now open. Now in its fourth year, the New Dimensions Laboratory combines varied African artists to establish stories informed through innovative innovation along with leading market coaches.
The Laboratory occurs throughout a week at a personal retreat where artists take part in conversations and masterclasses, and workshop their innovative tasks. 5 to 8 candidates will be chosen to get involved.
Previous coaches have actually consisted of Jessica Brillhart (Google, Vrai Pictures), Jim Chuchu (The Nest Collective), Darren Emerson (VR City), Selly Raby Kane, Kamal Sinclair (Sundance New Frontier), Eden Labs, Yasmin Elayat (Scatter), and Oscar Raby (VRTOV).
- Electric South completely covers travel, lodging and meals for individuals.
Candidates should be:
- People or long-term citizens of an African nation
- Presently residing on the African continent (a minimum of 8 months a year)
- Achieved in a creative field. Any innovative discipline is welcome. Previous candidates have experience in: documentary and fiction movie, theatre, efficiency & visual arts, style, photography, composing, style, innovative innovation and video game advancement.
Projects concepts should:
- Be non-fiction stories. They invite innovative analysis of documentaries and fiction/documentary hybrids.
- Usage immersive innovations, such as Virtual Truth (VR) or Increased Truth (AR). This might consist of 360 movie, interactive worlds, animation, expert system, forecast mapping, hybrid kinds, and beyond.
For additional information, check out Electric South New Dimensions Laboratory