Due Date: September 15, 2019
The Elsevier Foundation-ISC3 Green & Sustainable Chemistry Obstacle 2020 is now open. The Elsevier Foundation-ISC3 Green & Sustainable Chemistry Obstacle looks for to promote ingenious chemistry research study that assists the environment and low-resource neighborhoods in emerging and establishing nations.
Propositions must be replicable, scalable, sustainable, & relevant in establishing nations. Several rewards of as much as EUR50,000 are offered. The Elsevier Foundation-ISC3 Green & Sustainable Chemistry Obstacle is collectively run by the Elsevier Structure, Elsevier’s chemistry journals group and ISC3.
Do you have a concept for making chemistry more green & sustainable? Send it to the difficulty now!
The winners will be revealed at the 2020 Green & Sustainable Chemistry Conference in Germany. The Obstacle is articulated in 2 tracks:
- Scientific rewards: the winning task will get a reward of EUR50,000, with EUR25,000 for the 2nd location reward.
- Entrepreneurial reward: an extra EUR25,000 will be granted for the “Entrepreneurial Spirit in Sustainable Chemistry Award”.
Please keep in mind: individuals will have the ability to send either to the Scientific Prizes or the Entrepreneurial Reward.
- The Obstacle is open to people and non-profit companies whose tasks utilize green and sustainable chemistry services to deal with a few of the establishing world’s biggest sustainability obstacles whether in water, sanitation or energy.
For the Science Reward
Projects will be examined according to the following requirements:
- The proposition plainly explains the seriousness of the issue. Supply a description of the task background and consist of a description of the more comprehensive context and emphasize how the task links to the United Country Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs).
- The task makes use of ingenious green and sustainable chemistry method.
- The task is replicable, scalable, sustainable (ensure to define why), and sets a criteria for development– originalities or ideas in advancement will be provided choice over advanced tasks.
- The proposition highlights the novelty of your method and provides a brief literature summary of what has actually been done previously, both by you and others (” background”).
- The task applies in and ideal for establishing nations. Explain the task’s social effect on regional neighborhoods, consisting of gender equality either in style or application.
- Consist of an execution strategy of the task.
For Entrepreneurial Spirit Reward
Innovation/Start-ups will be examined according to the following requirements:
- Background and relation to SDGs
- Time to market, Partners
- Transformative capacity
To learn more, see Elsevier Structure