Due Date: May 12, 2019
Applications are open for Knight Structure’s Emerging City Champions program Emerging City Champions is a fellowship and financing program for young civic innovators with strong concepts to improve public area, movement, and civic engagement. This program is powered by 8 80 Cities and John S. and James L. Knight Structure.
They’re raising brand-new voices in city structure and supporting strong jobs that enhance neighborhoods. They are trying to find future city leaders with innovative options that:
- Trigger public life in public areas Mobility-Icon-New
- Enhance movement choices Civic-Engagement-Icon
- Construct a culture of civic engagement
Do you have a vibrant concept to improve public area, city movement or civic engagement in your city? Apply to be 8 80 Cities Emerging City Champ!
Champions will get $5,000 in seed financing to carry out one neighborhood job in one year.
- A Four-Day Experiential Studio: The very first stop for program individuals is the Emerging City Champions Studio in Toronto, Canada. The four-day Studio gears up individuals with management training and useful tools to execute their neighborhood job. Champions take part in website trips, workshops, networking occasions, and appealing discussions by city structure professionals.
- The ECC Network: Champions sign up with a helpful and motivating network of their peers from throughout the nation. Individuals get continuous mentorship from professionals in varied fields such as preparation, style, marketing, and more. 8 80 Cities and Knight Structure will expose individuals to chances for extra financing, expert development, and assistance.
All travel expenditures are covered by the program.
- The fellowship is open to anybody with an ingenious job concept and the drive to persevere in among Knight Structure’s financial investment neighborhoods.
- Applicants might be activists, teachers, tactical urbanists, designers, artists, business owners, and more.
- They desire varied voices with fresh point of views, skill, and dedication to developing dynamic areas and cities.
- They are trying to find jobs that react to neighborhood requirements, construct on regional properties, and are carried out through partnership.
- Jobs need to attend to public area, movement, and/or civic engagement obstacles in the neighborhood, and need to be based in among the 26 cities where Knight Structure invests
- Candidates need to be 19-35 years of ages at the time they use.
- Candidates need to have the ability to take a trip to Canada from July 26 to 31, 2019 (the ECC Studio occurs from July 27 to 30).
- Candidates need to execute their neighborhood job in among the 26 neighborhoods where Knight Structure invests.
- Applications need to consist of a multimedia submission that explains their job (article, video, slideshow, poster, and so on)
For additional information, go to Emerging City Champions