Application Due Date: November 23, 2018
The Launching in Research Study: Young Skills from Africa Reward makes up among the 6 areas of the Eni Award, made up by the Energy Shift, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young
Scientist of the Year Prizes, together with the Acknowledgment at Development Eni.
The function of the Launching in Research Study: Young Skills from Africa Reward is to assist brand-new generations of African scientists to emerge, using them the chance to go to a PhD course in cooperation with prominent Italian universities and research study institutes and supporting their research study and development on the different clinical subjects promoted by Eni Award.
Things of the Prizes
- Prospects need to own a Master’s degree or any comparable– according to the European system– scholastic certification, approving access to a PhD course in an Italian university.
- The theses should have been protected at an African University throughout the very same year of the yearly Authorities Statement, or in the precedent year.
- The Reward is granted to trainees born in or after the year 1988.
- The Reward is scheduled to trainees finished in an African university and of African citizenship, originating from among the 58 African nations noted on the planet Population Potential Customers: The 2015 Modification, put together by the United Nations.
The thesis and the curriculum vitae– which will dominate in the examination of the prospect– need to be sent together with a research study proposition in connection with the Eni Award primary subjects and highlighting the prospective advantages of the proposition in a nation, in an African area or in the entire African continent.
- The primary subjects covered by the Eni Award are: action versus water, air and land contamination, avoidance of environment warming and contamination, rehab and reuse of commercial websites; renewable resource and energy storage; ingenious usage of hydrocarbons and of the energy performance as a bridge to the decarbonisation of the energy system.
- The research study proposition need to specific subjects, methods and disciplinary locations ideal for the awareness of the sent job. The info offered by the prospect in the research study proposition will be utilized in order to determine PhD courses as meaningful as possible with it.
- Each of the 2 winners will be granted with a personalized plaque and a scholarship for the participation of a 3 years PhD course to be carried out in Italy, in an Italian university or research study institute with a strong credibility on those subjects. Where licensed within the PhD course structure, it will be possible to perform a research study duration outside Italy.
- It will be likewise enabled to propose a non-Italian thesis consultant, teaming up with the Italian university or research study institute hosting the trainee.
- The Prizes will be designated to the winning prospects, announced by the Organizing Committee within June 2019.
Application treatments and due dates
- Applications for the Launching in Research Study: Young Skills from Africa need to exist and ensured by Professors, Directors of Department, Professors Deans and Chancellors of universities and polytechnic universities, or by scientists of research study institutes operating in the particular– or comparable– fields for which the Reward is granted.
- Self-candidatures will not be thought about.
- The due date for the discussion of the candidatures to the Launching in Research Study: Young Skills from Africa falls on November 23, 2018 prior to and no behind 5 p.m. CET– Main European Time.
- Please keep in mind that, after 5 p.m. CET of November, 9, 2018, the Scientific Secretariat will not produce brand-new accounts, in order to offer the most ideal support to the currently signed up Candidatures, within the due date. 2 weeks after the November 23 due date, the Scientific Secretariat will offer the Prospects with official verification, by e-mail, for the approval of their Candidature.
The Candidature application are offered on the site: www.eni.com/eniaward/eni-awardannouncement-2019, and need to be sent out as follows:
1. The Candidature Proposition, the Summary of the Thesis, the CV and the Research study Proposition will need to be submitted on the Eni Award Prospects personal location. The access to the personal location need to be asked for to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will offer a represent the treatment.
2. A copy of the Thesis in electronic kind in addition to possible acknowledgments, certificates, letters of referral, list of publications and the associated publications need to be sent out by email to the following address: email@example.com.
To Find Out More: