Application Due Date: February 26, 2019 at 11: 59 PM EST
The Equator Effort is a United Nations-led collaboration that combines federal governments, civil society, grassroots companies, and companies to promote durable neighborhoods by acknowledging and advancing regional nature-based services for sustainable advancement. The Equator Effort produces chances and platforms to share understanding and great practices, establishes capabilities of regional neighborhoods and native individuals, notifies policy through assembling multi-stakeholder discussions, and cultivates making it possible for environments to duplicate and scale up neighborhood action.
The Equator Reward 2019 will be granted to impressive regional neighborhood and native individuals’ efforts that advance ingenious nature-based advancement services for environment modification mitigation and adjustment. The winners will sign up with a prominent network of 223 leading community-based companies from 78 nations that have actually been granted the Equator Reward considering that2002
Each Equator Reward winner will get USD 10,000 and will be supported to take part in a series of policy discussions and unique occasions throughout the United Nations General Assembly and Environment Week in New York City, in September2019 The Equator Reward 2019 Award Event will accompany the UN Secretary-General’s Environment Top and the High-Level Political Online Forum on Sustainable Advancement.
Equator Reward 2019 Styles
This year’s Equator Reward will acknowledge ingenious efforts from.
regional neighborhoods and native individuals that show extraordinary.
accomplishments in the locations of nature-based actions that attend to environment.
modification mitigation and/or adjustment, and advance regional sustainable.
advancement. Winning efforts will be honored for their successes in:
- secure, bring back and/or sustainably handle terrestrial and marine environments, and thus assist reduce and adjust to environment modification by keeping environments undamaged, and/or
- promote regional designs for climate-smart food and farming production systems, and/or
- advance nature-based options to a carbon economy.
To be qualified for the Equator Reward 2019:
- The effort need to have remained in presence for a minimum of 3 years, and/or the actions taken need to have remained in location for a minimum of 3 years.
- The candidate need to be either a regional community-based effort, running in a backwoods, based in a nation getting assistance from the United Nations Advancement Program (for a list of qualified nations, please click here); or an effort led by native individuals in any nation, running in a backwoods.
- The actions taken by the candidate should be nature-based, and need to provide advantages associated with 2 or more Sustainable Advancement Objectives (SDGs)
Please Keep In Mind:
- Nominators are motivated to measure outcomes and consist of information that shows favorable effects in their submissions.
- Elections might be sent either.
straight by the effort or neighborhood, by a partner company, or.
by any 3rd party that is adequately knowledgeable about the activities and.
accomplishments of the effort or neighborhood.
- Nominators need to suggest whether they.
consent to have actually the option highlighted in the Equator Effort web.
website on regional nature-based services for sustainable advancement.
- Chosen efforts will go through a.
confirmation procedure that might need candidates and/or nominators to.
offer extra info and/or products.
- Elections might be sent in: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish
- Elections need to be sent by February 26, 2019
For Additional Information:
Check Out the Authorities Website of the Equator Reward 2019