Application Due Date: February 1st 2019
The Ernst Mach Grants is called after the popular Austrian physicist and theorist Ernst Mach (1838-1916). The grant program is funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research Study and Economy (BMWFW). Trainees and young scientists from foreign universities are welcomed to obtain this grant to come to Austria for a research study or a research study stay. Every year a board of agents of the Austrian Ministry awards the Ernst Mach Grants based upon the outcomes of a specialist evaluation treatment. Age limitation for this grant program is 35 years at the time of the application.
— To promote research study cooperation
— To promote young academics in the early phases of their clinical profession
— To develop a reliable network of scientists with relations to Austria
Qualified for application are
a) postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD program outside Austria;-LRB- *************) b) postgraduates and post-docs wanting to pursue research study in Austria with a view to a scholastic profession and who finished their research studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30 th, 2017;-LRB- *********).
c) post-docs who are working as speakers at a university outside Austria.
Candidates should not have actually studied/pursued research/pursued scholastic work in Austria in the last 6 months prior to using up the grant.
Optimum age: 35 years (born upon or after Oct. 1st, 1983).
Language ability s: Great understanding of English and/or German
Supplemental grant, own funds are needed
1) Month-to-month grant rate
a) for graduates: EUR 1,050
b) for graduates with a PhD degree: EUR 1,150
2) Lodging, medical insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book lodging (dorm or apartment or condo) with the OeAD Real estate workplace. The regular monthly expenses are:
· regular monthly lease: approximately EUR 250 to 600 (depending upon the facilities)
· regular monthly administrative charge: EUR 18
b) OeAD scholarship holders require to have medical insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities throughout of their remain in Austria. The OeAD can aid with securing such insurance coverage. The regular monthly expenses can differ, at the minute you must determine EUR 55 to 200 (depending upon your age, scholarship classification and state of health).
Scholarship holders need to pay the expenses for lodging and insurance coverage themselves.
c) Applicants from non-EU/EEA nations who are preparing a research study stay of more than 6 months: If your regular monthly expenses for lodging in Austria go beyond EUR 300, you might require to supply evidence of extra funds to the Austrian home authority when you obtain your home authorization. This figure might differ depending upon your specific expenses for medical insurance and other liabilities.
3) Grant holders do not need to pay tuition costs in Austria. They may need to hand in a demand at the rector’s workplace of their particular host university and show that they are studying or researching in the context of global EU, nationwide or university movement programs.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European establishing nations will likewise get a travel costs aid of max. EUR 1,00 0.
The following files need to be submitted with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
- 2 recommendation letters by university speakers (for these recommendation letters no particular kind is needed; they should include the letterhead, date and signature of the individual advising the candidate and the stamp of the university/ department and needs to not be older than 6 months at the time of application.)
- Permission of a speaker at the Austrian target university to monitor the candidate academically
- Scanned copy of your passport (page with the name and image)
- Scanned copy of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral research studies
- just for PHD-students: verification, that shows your involvement in a PHD-program at your house university
- just for postdoc-lecturers: verification that shows your work at your house university
• Candidates who look for admission to an university in Austria need to call the organization of their option straight.
• Short-term grants (1 to 3 months) have a top priority in the duration from January to June. In other cases issues can emerge as relates to lodging. When getting a short-term grant for that reason factor to consider must be provided to using mostly for the duration of January to June.
• The choice procedure for all grants is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are satisfied. The variety of grants that will be granted throughout one call depends upon the quota and/or the offered budget plan. Candidates might obtain numerous grants at the exact same time.
• Grant holders should exist at their location of research study in Austria to study or perform their research study job.
• Once an application has actually been declined, it will not be thought about any more within that call. Nevertheless, it is possible to re-apply for this grant with a modified application in the future.
To Find Out More: