Application Due Date: November 23 rd 2018
The U.S. Department of State is delighted to reveal the launch of the2019 International Development through Science and Innovation, Innovation Concept (ESSENCE Tech-I) competitors
ESSENCE Tech-I is an international pitching competitors which looks for to recognize and choose, train, and motivate developments by young researchers and terrific minds all over the world. As part of the ESSENCE effort, Tech-I works to empower young innovators to construct organisations that attend to financial and advancement difficulties.
- This year people from 132 nations and emerging economies covering Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are qualified to use with an ingenious science and innovation concept or start-up in any sector.
- Candidates are needed to describe the science and innovation driving their job and explain their company method in an online application. They need to likewise offer a 90- 2nd pitch video to display their development and excite audiences about their job’s capacity.
- As Much As 100 candidates will be chosen as semi-finalists who will then have their pitch videos included online and voted on by the public.
Eligibility Requirements for Candidate
Candidates need to satisfy ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate need to be 18-40 years of ages on the application due date, November 23, 2018.
- The candidate need to be a resident of a minimum of among the 132 GIST-eligible emerging economies
- The candidate need to not hold dual-citizenship or long-term resident status in a non-GIST
- The candidate need to not send more than one application per ESSENCE Tech-I competitors year.
- The candidate need to not be a previous ESSENCE Tech-I finalist who took a trip to and contended in the ESSENCE Tech-I Finals.
In addition to fulfilling the candidate requirements above, applications should to be for Concepts or Start-ups
that satisfy ALL of the list below requirements:
1. The application should be the initial work of the Concept or Start-up candidate.
2. The Concept or Start-up need to be establishing an ingenious science or innovation option with
market capacity in a GIST-eligible economy.
3. The Concept or Start-up need to be for-profit. Applications from non-profit endeavors or NGOs are not qualified and will not be evaluated.
4. The Start-up should be less than 3 years of ages.
5. The Concept or Start-up need to be, a minimum of in part, based in a GIST-eligible economy.
6. The Concept or Start-up need to be establishing or offering product or services that utilize its own
developments in science and innovation. Applications from companies that purchase and resell innovations will not be evaluated.
7. The Concept or Start-up need to not send more than one application per ESSENCE Tech-I competitors year.
- These votes will assist to choose 24 finalists who will get an all-expense paid journey to Bahrain to pitch their endeavors to an international audience at the 2019 International Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC).
- Throughout the GEC, these fantastic up-and-coming innovators will get extensive abilities training, mentorship, and networking access to worldwide leaders in their fields. Winners of ESSENCE Tech-I will get seed capital rewards.
- The overall reward pot will be $36,000 USD; the specific breakdown of reward funds will be revealed more detailed to the Tech-I finals. All finalists will get approximately 3 months of mentoring following the finals.
For More Details: