Due Date: November 23, 2018
The U.S. Department of State welcomes applications for the 2019 ESSENCE Tech-I competitors. The International Development through Science and Innovation, Innovation Concept (ESSENCE Tech-I) is a worldwide pitching competitors which looks for to determine and choose, train, and motivate developments by young researchers and fantastic minds all over the world.
As part of the ESSENCE effort, Tech-I works to empower young innovators to construct companies that resolve financial and advancement difficulties. Ambitious innovators send their concepts and start-ups online which are then evaluated by previous competitors finalists prior to they get in a worldwide public vote to select the leading business owners who contend in the Tech-I finals.
For the 2019 competitors, approximately twenty-four finalists will get an all-expense paid journey to the International Entrepreneurship Congress in Bahrain to display their endeavor and to get extensive training. ESSENCE Tech-I winners, chosen by professionals at GEC, win rewards, and get individually mentorship and training.
People need to satisfy ALL of the following eligibility:
- People need to satisfy ALL of the following eligibility:
- The candidate need to be aged 18-40 years of ages at on the day of the application due date.
- The candidate need to be a person of a minimum of among the 132 ESSENCE Tech-I-eligible emerging economies ( complete list here).
- The candidate need to not hold dual-citizenship or irreversible resident status in a non-GIST economy.
- The candidate need to not send more than one application per ESSENCE Tech-I competitors year.
- The candidate need to not be a previous ESSENCE Tech-I finalist who took a trip to and contended in the ESSENCE Tech-I Finals.
In addition to satisfying the candidate age and citizenship requirements above, Concepts and Start-ups that fulfilled ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
- The application need to be the initial work of the Concept or Start-up candidate.
- The Concept or Start-up need to be for-profit. Applications from non-profit endeavors or NGOs will not be evaluated.
- The Concept or Start-up need to be establishing an ingenious science or innovation option with market capacity in a GIST-eligible economy.
- The Start-up need to be less than 3 years of ages.
- The Concept or Start-up need to be, a minimum of in part based, in a GIST-eligible economy.
- The Concept or Start-up need to be establishing or offering services and products that utilize its own developments in science and innovation. Applications from companies that purchase and resell innovations and other items will not be evaluated.
- The Concept or Start-up need to not send more than one application per ESSENCE Tech-I competitors year.
- You will require to log into your ESSENCE Network account prior to using. If you do not have an ESSENCE Network account, you will have the ability to make one through this application.
- When you are logged into your ESSENCE Network account, continue to the 2019 ESSENCE Tech-I application by clicking the “APPLY” button listed below.
- Please complete every area of the type prior to conserving your application. This application will take in between 10 and 15 minutes to finish. All needed concerns need to have a reaction in order to conserve the application. You can modify these reactions after you have actually conserved your application.
- If you select to make modifications to your application, you can access it from the control panel on your ESSENCE Network profile. You are permitted to make modifications to your submission up until the application due date.
- Files Needed: In addition to reacting to biographical concerns, you will require to supply reactions to a number of company and technical concerns about your start-up and supply a 90- 2nd pitch video.
- If you are producing your ESSENCE Network account through this application, you will require click a verification link that will be emailed to you. If you do not, your application will not be sent on the application due date.
To learn more, see ESSENCE Tech-I