Application Deadline:26 April 2021
Are you 18 to 30 years old? Are you passionate about youth empowerment and participation? Do you have ideas how the European Union (EU) can integrate better the needs and issues faced by young people in our international partnerships? If yes, apply for the Youth Sounding Board for International Partnerships!
Youth empowerment is a top priority for EU Commissioner for International Partnerships, Jutta Urpilainen, and the EU believes that young people must be involved in shaping and implementing its external action. The Youth Sounding Board aims to create a real, fundamental, long-lasting change in how the EU engages with young people in its development cooperation.
The Youth Sounding Board is a space for young people to have an influence on EU external action and international partnerships. The selected board members will thereby contribute to make EU action more participatory, relevant and effective for young people in EU partner countries.
- 25 motivated young people from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as Europe.
- COUNTRY: You are resident or have the citizenship of one of the INTPA partners or the EU. (Please find the list of eligible countries here)
- PRIVACY RULES: you have read the privacy rules and you agree on the rules. (Please find the privacy rules here)
- LANGUAGE: you have a good level of English and you are aware that language competence will be assessed at the interview stage.
- AGE: you are between 18-30 years old at the end of application period (26 April 2021)
- (Option B Applicants only) NOMINATION LETTER: IF you wish to apply under Option B, meaning that you are nominated by an organisation, you must have a nomination letter signed by an organisation at hand which can be uploaded (in pdf-format) through the system under the section “About YOUR NOMINATING ORGANISATION”.
Online. At least four meetings will take place every year – virtually and, when the situation allows, in person in Brussels.
How much time?
The Youth Sounding Board members will commit for two years, for about 15 days a year.
This is an unpaid mandate. However, travel and other related expenses will be covered.
|26 April 2021:||Application Deadline|
|18 May 2021:||Candidate Shortlist|
|31 May – 11 June 2021:||Interviews|
|15 June 2021:||Announcement of selected candidates|
|Summer 2021:||Launch of Youth Sounding Board|
If you are passionate about international development and youth empowerment, this is your chance to help shape the world around you!
For More Information: