Due Date: October 29, 2018
Applications are welcomed for the Euromena Awards– MENA 2018 The Euromena Awards is a yearly start-up competitors arranged by Euromena Consulting to benefit regional and local start-ups.
Following the very first effective Edition of the Euromena Awards kept in Abidjan, Ivory Coast in 2017, Euromena Consulting introduces the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Edition of the Awards this December, empowering and gearing up start-ups to scale their companies in the area. The Awards event will be hosted in Beirut, Lebanon at the heart of the start-up environment in Beirut Digital District (BDD) on December 6, 2018.
The goal of the Euromena Awards– MENA Edition is to attend to the area’s most important issues through innovation that serves a social effect. Amidst a quickly establishing start-up and tech scene in the MENA area, Euromena Consulting aspires to read more about and engage with the area’s appealing social business that can show a clear effect on regional issues.
The effect of the Awards will be two-fold; short-term and long term:
- Short-term effect:
- Changing strong concepts that showed to be fundable and scalable, into long-lasting, sustainable endeavors that attend to pushing social difficulties
- Enhancing contact and engagement with the area’s increasing business owners
- Long term effect:
- Empowering and gearing up the next generation of social business owners that play a main function in bridging spaces in between innovation and daily social issues
- Broadening the network of regional and local partners and stepping-up our dedication to emerging communities
- 6 months of personalized, high quality organisation seeking advice from assistance consisting of training, mentorship, and advisory services adjusted to the winner’s requirements, valued at US$150,000
- Networking, direct exposure and gain access to through Euromena Consulting’s large existing network of crucial stakeholders throughout the MENA area
- Regional and local engagement with partners, customers and recipients through access to Euromena Consulting occasions and chances
- Financial backing for leading 3 winners.
- $10,000 for the winner
- $ 3,000 for the 2 nd location
- $ 2,000 for the 3 rd location
- Organisations need to remain in “start-up” mode and looking for to broaden or scale-up;-LRB- **************).
- They need to react to a clear social effect, where a deliberate favorable result is implied to resolve a particular social difficulty or issue;-LRB- **************).
- They need to utilize innovation either as a tool or as a final product or service;-LRB- **************).
- They need to show financial practicality;-LRB- **************).
- They need to have a completely working product/service that has actually currently been produced/launched;-LRB- **************).
- They need to be based in among the following qualified nations: Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Qatar, KSA, Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait, and Oman;-LRB- **************).
- The Euromena Awards– MENA Edition welcome start-ups that intend to deal with a particular difficulty or issue, which consist of social effect as part of their organisation’ core worths. They can be lined up with any of the following styles:.
- Gender Equality
- Monetary Addition
- Social and Economic Advancement
The jury members will pick the finalists based upon the following primary requirements:
- Quality of concept: level of development, level of competitiveness, usage of innovation
- Quality of product/service: clearness of concepts, scalability
- Quality of organisation design: clearness of vision, clearness of method, sustainability
- Quality of management/leadership: educational/professional backgrounds, group company and department of jobs
- Level of effect: assessment of the level of effect on surrounding society or environment
- Expediency: social and financial
To find out more, check out Euromena Awards