Deadline: February 1, 2021
Are you aged 16-30 and working on a project with a European dimension? Apply for the Charlemagne Youth Prize 2021 and get rewarded for your project to further develop your initiative.
Since 2008, the European Parliament together with the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ have each year been inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe.
- The prize for the best project is €7,500, the second €5,000 and the third €2,500.
- As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- One representative of each national winning project is invited to Aachen for several days to attend several events, including the Youth Prize Award Ceremony, which always takes place two days before Ascension Day, the day on which the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen is awarded.
- The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
- Your project will also receive lots of coverage through the European Parliament’s and the Foundation’s media channels.
- And last but not least, your stay in Aachen will be a unique chance to meet and network with other dynamic young people from all over Europe, a platform to share your vision about Europe in front of European leaders and for many it will be the beginning of some long-lasting friendships with like-minded young people from all over Europe!
- Young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States can submit projects for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize.
- Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups.
- They should promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration; and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The deadline for submitting projects is February 1, 2021. Late submissions will be disqualified.
For more information, visit European Charlemagne Youth Prize.