Due Date: September 11, 2019
Applications for the European Commission Gain Access To City Award 2020 are now open. The Gain access to City Award acknowledges and commemorates a city’s determination, capability and efforts to end up being more available, in order to ensure equivalent access to basic rights and enhance the lifestyle of its population and guarantee that everyone– no matter age, movement or capability– has equivalent access to all the resources and enjoyments cities need to provide.
By 2020, the EU is anticipated to have 120 million individuals with specials needs, and the population is ending up being older. In addition, Europe is now basically a metropolitan society, with 4 out of 5 EU residents residing in towns and cities. The European Union promotes equality of chance and availability for individuals with specials needs. A basic part of its method includes working towards a barrier-free Europe.
The Gain Access To City Award is an award identifying cities that have actually worked to end up being more available for their residents. It is an EU effort that:
- Recognises efforts by cities to end up being more available
- Promotes equivalent access to city life for individuals with specials needs
- Permits regional authorities to promote and share their finest practices
A financial reward will be granted to the very first winner and the 2 runners-up:
- first reward: EUR150,000
- second reward: EUR120,000
- 3rd reward: EUR80,000
- Open to all EU cities of over 50,000 residents
- Urban locations made up of 2 or more towns with a combined population of over 50,000 residents, if they remain in EU nations with less than 2 cities with over 50,000 residents are qualified
To find out more, see Gain Access To City Award