Deadline: May 9, 2021
Applications are open for the European Union/Council of Europe Photo Competition 2021. The joint project of the European Union and the Council of Europe in support of independent bodies in Tunisia (PAII-T), in partnership with the French Institute of Tunisia and the Tunisian League of Human Rights, is organizing a photo contest.
Entitled “Through your eyes” the contest invites young Tunisians to illustrate and to stand up for human rights, through photography. Young people will be able to represent the achievements, challenges and future prospects of human rights in Tunisia.
Theme: Illustrate and defend human rights in Tunisia.
- The first four winners will be invited to participate in visits to Europe (Spain and France) during training sessions on human rights organised by the Council of Europe in the second half of 2021. All visa, travel (return air ticket) and accommodation costs will be covered.
- The 15 best photos will be exhibited at the French Institute of Tunisia. The winners will be invited to the opening of the exhibition which will take place during the conference “Independent bodies at the service of citizens: strengthening human rights in Tunisia” of the PAII-T programme on 25-26 May 2021 and will receive a framed print of their work.
- All young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (the work must be produced and submitted before their 31st birthday) of Tunisian nationality, who love photography.
- Participants must be the author and the owner of the rights related to the image and have the authorization of any identifiable persons in the photo.
- Photos can be taken from any digital camera, smartphone, or film (in this case, as scanned slides).
- The minimum size required for the image is 1024 pixels per side, any lower quality image will be disqualified. For the exhibition of the winning photos, a size of 4000 pixels is desirable.
- File size must be less than 10MB.
- Photos should be submitted in high resolution in png or jpeg format.
- Post-processing of images is permitted. This includes global adjustments to exposure, contrast, burn-in, dodge, crop, sharpness, noise reduction, and tone. Minor cleaning of images is allowed, including removal of backscatter, dust and scratches. HDR, panoramas, focus stacking or other techniques involving the use of several images taken at the same time and in the same place are also allowed.
- On the other hand, the photos should not include too much retouching. Likewise, special effects and other heavy modifications should be avoided.
- Photos which could, in any form or manner, undermine the values of the organizing structures will be disqualified.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to remove a photo if there is reason to believe that a participant is in violation of the contest rules.
- Take a photo related to the theme “Living and defending human rights in Tunisia” using your smartphone or camera;
- Write a title and a caption of 40 words maximum in one of the following languages: Arabic or French.
Photos must be sent before midnight on May 9, 2021 before 11:59 p.m. (Tunis time) via an online form.
For more information, visit PAII-T Photo Contest.