Due Date: July 7, 2019
Applications for the Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Kumvana Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. The Kumvana Fellowship unites social business owners and social innovators for a transformative individual and expert management advancement experience.
The management program consists of online knowing, local African retreats, and a 5-week extensive Canadian experience. Following a week of management training in Toronto, Fellows are hosted by EWB’s Canadian chapters throughout the nation who link the Fellows with regional leaders and companies dealing with comparable obstacles. The program supplies Fellows with the chance to establish originalities, problem-solve, and gain from similar specialists so that they might improve the social effect of their work.
As a Kumvana Fellow, you will:
- Dedicate about 3 hours/week to an online knowing course
- Take part in a weekend African retreat to fulfill the EWB neighborhood
- Develop relationships with African and Canadian leaders and changemakers throughout a 5-week extensive Canadian experience
- Stay with a Canadian host household
- Gain from appropriate expert Canadian networks
- Bring intent and reflection on your individual management journey
- The program is expenses covered. All expenses associated with the program are either spent for straight by EWB (airline tickets, insurance coverage, visas, and so on) or indirectly through a modest day-to-day stipend, which covers standard living costs (food, regional travel) while in Canada.
- You are a person of, and presently operating in, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire, or Zambia
- You have actually not formerly participated in a comparable fellowship program
- You excel in English
- You have the ability to take a trip to Canada in February 2020 for a full-time five-week experience
- You can devote to an 8-week online course, taking about 3 hours of work weekly
- You are versatile in living conditions (sharing a space with another fellow of the very same gender, dealing with a household, and so on)
- You have the energy and drive to manage a hectic schedule while in Canada
For more details, check out Kumvana Fellowship