Deadline: September 1, 2021
Applications are open for the European Youth Event (EYE) European Emerging Bands Contest 2021. The European Parliament and Jeunesses Musicales International are inviting all European emerging bands to enter the contest and have the chance to perform at the European Youth Event (EYE2021) on the 8 & 9 of October in Strasbourg, France!
The European Youth Event (EYE) will bring together at the European Parliament thousands of young people from all over the European Union and beyond, to shape and share their ideas on the future of Europe.
- Six selected bands will win an all expenses paid trip to perform (30 minutes) in front of thousands of young Europeans from across the continent.
- Winners will also receive a cash prize of €1,000 each.
- Open to soloists or bands with a maximum of 8 members from:
- European Union member countries;
- EU candidate countries and former member countries: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom;
- EFTA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
- Band members may not be over 30 years of age and should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
- Each soloist/band should submit at least 1 and maximum 3 songs in a video (YouTube or Vimeo) or audio (.mp3) format.
- A preliminary eligibility screening and preselection will be carried out by the EP and JMI technical jury.
- The 15 shortlisted entries will be evaluated by a Youth Jury of under-30 musicians and youth & music experts.
- Winners will be informed in September 2021 by email and/or by telephone.
For more information, visit European Youth Event.