Application Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is a one-year research training position designed to give you hands-on experience with artificial intelligence research while working in Facebook AI.
The program will pair you with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will
both guide your project. With the team, you will pick a research
problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques
to solve it. We also encourage collaborations beyond the assigned
mentors. The research will be communicated to the academic community by
submitting papers to top academic venues (for example, NeurIPS, ICML,
ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, etc.), as well as open-source code
releases and/or product impact.
The AI Residency experience is designed to kickstart a career in the field. This is a full-time program that cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job.
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with mentors to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper or open-source projects.
- Applications will open in fall 2019 for the 2020–2021 cohort.
- Applications will close on Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
- Residents will start in August 2020.
For candidates interested in working in Menlo Park, New York, or Seattle, please apply here. For candidates interested in working at the London location, please apply here. If applying to both, you may use the same application materials. We can only consider complete applications.
For More Information: