Application Due Date: Monday, April 29 at 5: 00 pm PST
Facebook is requiring propositions for pilot and early-stage research study that extends computer system vision innovations in establishing nations 1 Facebook particularly look for tasks that attend to the technical obstacles hampering computer system vision in these contexts, consisting of information and hardware constraints and much better combination of brand-new info sources, such as high-resolution satellite images.
Competitive applications will likewise take advantage of computer system vision to attain worldwide advancement concerns, particularly those recorded in the United Nations Sustainable Advancement Goals Illustrative computer system vision applications for providing this kind of social effect consist of (however are not restricted to) the following:
- Agricultural extension: much better notifying smallholders about crop health, insect control, animals diseases, or soil fertility
- Health services: enhancing medical diagnosis, dietary, water or sanitation evaluations
- Education quality: tools to boost access to info without needing high levels of literacy or language abilities
- Facilities and sustainable market: enhancing factory equipment or training to increase security, tasks or output. Transport developments for ecological and human advantage.
- Catastrophe relief and environment action: visual info for first-responders to fires, floods or other natural catastrophes. Technologies to handle or reduce ecological modification.
Facebook intends to support tasks that line up with our objective, previous research study, open source tools and modern algorithms. Awards will be made in quantities varying from $20,000 to $40,000 for tasks as much as 6 months in period.
We motivate propositions from groups that consist of organizations, scientists and non-profits in establishing areas.
1 For the functions of this RFP, we specify “establishing nations” as the low and middle-income economies designated by the World Bank.
Propositions ought to consist of
A summary of the task(1-2 pages) discussing the.
location of focus, conceptual and methodological difference in between the.
pilot research study and any future follow-on research studies, a description of.
strategies, the research study’s applicability to Facebook, a timeline with.
turning points and anticipated results
- A spending plan description(1 page) consisting of an approximate expense of the award and description of how funds would be invested
- RÃ©sumÃ© for all crucial task individuals
- Company information; this will consist of tax info and administrative contact information
This chance is open to candidates worldwide from scholastic and/or.
research study organizations that are qualified for research study financing. This.
consists of specific scientists resolving a distinct issue, or.
numerous university departments. We motivate emerging scholars to.
Extra arrangements are noted below.
- Awards need to adhere to relevant United States and global laws, policies and policies
- Candidates need to be the Principal Private investigator on any resulting award
- Applicants might send one proposition per solicitation
- Organizations need to be a not-for-profit or non-governmental company.
with acknowledged legal status in their particular nation (equivalent to.
501( c)( 3) status under the United States Internal Income Code).
Timing and dates
- Applications are now open. Due date to use is Monday, April 29 at 5: 00 pm PST
- Notices will be sent out by e-mail to candidates in June and the award winners will be revealed throughout the Computer System Vision for Global Difficulties Workshop at CVPR ’19
This RFP is introduced in combination with Computer System Vision for Global Difficulties
( CV4GC), a multi-stakeholder effort to bring the computer system vision.
neighborhood closer to socially impactful jobs, datasets and applications.
CV4GC will assemble a workshop at 2019 Conference on Computer System Vision and Pattern Acknowledgment
to be kept in Long Beach, California June 16–21 Effective candidates.
might be welcomed to join this workshop and provide their tasks;.
nevertheless, propositions do not require to consist of conference travel expenses.
For extra concerns associated with this RFP, please e-mail Andrew Westbury at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Details: