Deadline: July 18, 2021
Applications are open for the Fem-In-Tech Acceleration Program 2021. The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA), in collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, bring you Fem-In-Tech – a female-focused acceleration program for South African entrepreneurs.
This acceleration aims to support women-owned businesses to prepare for venture capital investment and other financial-supported growth strategies to scale into new markets. Fem-In-Tech aims to empower women tech and tech-enabled start-ups with the skills to grow and scale their businesses into the continent.
A select cohort of female entrepreneurs will undergo a 6-month acceleration program where they will build their investment case piece by piece with the help of dedicated mentors. A community of female founders and business enablers will be established with the purpose of supporting each other and growing their business. These founders will also participate in the Fem-In-Tech Demo Day at the upcoming SA Innovation Summit and will be matched to potential business supporters and funders through the Match and Invest Platform.
The Top 30 founders will participate in an Investment Readiness Acceleration Program and in the Fem-In-Tech Demo Day at the 2021 SA Innovation Summit where they will pitch to a panel of funders and business supporters.
The Investment Readiness Program is more than acceleration it is an experience of building equity in the marketplace for you as a founder and your business. The program focuses on tangible outcomes that build your business as you work through the program.
- Participate in the Fem-In-Tech Demo Day;
- Be matched to potential funders & business enablers;
- Participate in an Investment Readiness Acceleration Program;
- Be connected to venture capital funding & debt funding;
- Be part of 10 women selected for an overseas trade Mission.
- Applicant must be a South African Female Founder/Co-Founder. More than one founder and a strong team.
- ≤ 5 Years in Operation (min. 1 year).
- Stage of development: Angel / Venture Capital.
- Product/service must be innovative and unique. Product maturity: minimal viable product/early stage/ready to scale. Competitive advantage (IP / Trade Secret).
- Are customers, segment sizes, distribution and after-sales proven? Sound knowledge of alternatives and competitive advantage.
- Can the team and offering grow quickly, outpace competitors, and penetrate new markets? Is there a sound business plan?
- How is revenue generated? Have operations, marketing, pricing, volume, costs, risk mitigation, and return on investment been quantified?
- All applications are to be made through the online form. Applications received via email or other channels will not be accepted.
- Only fully completed application forms will be reviewed. Any applications with missing information will be automatically disqualified.
For more information, visit Fem-In-Tech.