Deadline: August 18, 2018
Youngstars Foundation is now accepting applications from Volunteers for the Female And More 2018 self-esteem program to commemorate the 2018 International Day of the Girl Child. Youngstars Foundation with support from World Movement for Democracy and other Partners is implementing the second edition of the Female And More Self-esteem project in 200 secondary schools in 5 African countries targeting 10,000 teenage girls!
Female And More is a self-esteem and leadership project designed to raise the self-esteem of young females, challenge them to aspire highly and work to achieve greatness in their chosen areas of interest. The project believes that a female is more than just a woman, wife or a mother. The project is based on the principle that any human, including a female can aspire highly and attain greatness in life.
Female And More project is deployed through a 30-day self-esteem module that contain 30 inspiring stories of African females of different ages, background and cultures who defied odds and societal stereotypes to achieve their dreams and greatness. At the end of the 30 days program, participants will be required to articulate a big future goal they will commit to pursue and achieve. Female And More is engaging, fun and life changing.
Responsibilities of Volunteer Mentors
- Get a secondary school in your place of residence to agree to implement the Female And More 30 days self-esteem program for 20-30 girls.
- Get 20-30 teenage girls in the school to sign up for the program and complete the 30 days self-esteem program accordingly.
- Meet with the group of girls in the participating school once a week for a mentoring session, during the 30 days self-esteem program.
- Share weekly reports of the mentoring sessions with the organizers.
- Work with the girls to commemorate the International Day of the Girl Child on October 11th, 2018 by working with the girls to do short videos tagged “I Am Female And Am More”.
- Administer pre and post participation evaluation questionnaire on the teenage girls at the beginning and end of the 30 days self-esteem program which will be submitted to the organizers.
- Get the participants to each do a 2 minute video testimonial of how the program impacted them after the 30 days self-challenge.
- Show the girl child video series to their participants before the close of the 30 days program.
- Be a part of our online community for sharing updates and information about the program.
- Personal self-esteem booster and development.
- Empowering the next generation of female leaders and change makers of Nigeria.
- Networking with like-minded emboldened females
- Certificate of participation after the 30 days challenge.
- Visibility and social media profiling of our volunteers.
Many great women of today were once teenage girls of yesterday, and the world didn’t know that they would become today’s greatness. Most of the teenage girls of today around you will become tomorrow’s great women of influence, but right now, they need people like you to believe in them and give them the right push. Through Female And More project, you can be that mentoring push that will contribute immensely in shaping their greatness!
Apply as a Volunteer today and get ready for a time of your life!
Registration and participation is absolutely FREE.
- Only FEMALES in Africa are eligible to volunteer.
- Volunteers must be willing to commit time to identify a school and be available to implement the program.
- Volunteers must have smart phones and must be able to meet the weekly requirement of submitting weekly mentoring session reports.
- Volunteers must be willing to participate for free.
They are looking for:
- Females who have the zest to make a difference in the lives of young girls.
- Females who want to see teenage girls and young females overcome low esteem and be emboldened to pursue greatness.
- Females who like to challenge themselves with new adventure and adding value to others.
They are looking for 200 Female Volunteer Mentors for the 2018 Female And More program.
Are you one of them?
Call +234 7035535876 or email [email protected]
For more information, visit Female And More.