Due Date: August 15, 2019
Are you a start-up concentrated on enhancing & innovating the Sports Tourist market? The World Tourist Company (UNWTO), in partnership with Futbol Club Barcelona, provides the first UNWTO Sports Tourist Start-up Competitors It is a worldwide effort that intends to determine start-ups with the best capacity to lay out the future and promote sustainable development in the sports & tourist sector.
The World Tourist Company (UNWTO) is the United Nations company accountable for the promo of accountable, sustainable and widely available tourist. As the prominent worldwide company in the field of tourist, UNWTO promotes tourist as a motorist of financial development, inclusive advancement and ecological sustainability and provides management and assistance to the sector beforehand understanding and tourist policies worldwide.
Prizes and Advantages
- 20 picked start-ups will be shortlisted by a panel of worldwide professionals and stakeholders from the Sports & Tourist sectors (public and economic sector, academic community and civil society)
- The 5 finalist start-ups will have the chance to pitch their concept to a panel of professionals, federal governments, market leaders and worldwide financiers who will participate in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) to be kept in Barcelona on 25-28 February 2019.
- The winning business will have the possibility to make its mark on the worldwide phase and increase the effect of its start-up with the aid of FC Barcelona professionals with a personalized mentoring program and the possibility of getting involved Barça Development CENTER.
- The winning business will have the chance to create a pilot task with FC Barcelona and execute it with the aid of its network.
They are trying to find start-ups with many disruptive concepts concentrated on resolving genuine requirements in the tourist and gastronomy sector with an accountable technique.
In specific, they are targeting start-ups that are:
- In the Early Phase or Series A Phase
- Both for-profit and non-profit
- Natural or legal individuals
- Startups with a minimum practical item (MVP)
- Startups with capacity for scalability
- Startups with a sustainable vision
The tasks will be examined on the following requirements:
Prospective effect and scalability: They are trying to find start-ups with a sound service design that has the capacity for scalability in another environment/market/region making it practical to increase and grow its social, technological and financial effect.
At first verified or checked service design: They are trying to find start-ups in development or seed phases that have actually checked their concept and have a Minimum Viable Item (MVP) checked in a genuine market.
Ideal and dedicated group: They are trying to find start-ups that have an entrepreneurial group fit to the requirements and attributes of the task, with high inspiration, interest and dedication to its advancement.
Collaboration Preparedness: They are trying to find start-ups that have experience in the co-development of products/services and interest in accessing partnerships with partners in the sector.
Sustainability in the worth proposal: They are trying to find start-ups that incorporate sustainability into business design of the task, taking unique care of the relationship in between culture, heritage, gastronomy, tourist and financial development.
Technological or digital element: They are trying to find start-ups in which a technological or digital element is embedded in business design.
Send them your task.
To learn more, see UNWTO Sports Tourist Start-up Competitors