Due Date: August 16, 2019
The U.S. Objective is now accepting applications for the Fulbright African Research Study Scholar Program 2020-2021 This award funds African university speakers and teachers to carry out postdoctoral research study or carry out an organized program of reading and research study. 2 classifications of grants are used in the ARSP: research study grants and program and curriculum advancement grants.
Research Study Grants
- Awards of 3 to 9 months are used for African university professors or research study institute experts to carry out research study in any scholastic discipline at a U.S. scholastic or research study organization starting no earlier than August 2020 and no behind March2021 Candidates should hold a doctorate or comparable terminal degree in their fields. Choice will be provided to people who have at least 3 years of university mentor experience and an efficient academic record.
Program and Curriculum Advancement Grants
- Awards of 3 to 5 months are used for African university professors or administrators to carry out research study in any scholastic discipline at a U.S. scholastic or research study organization starting no earlier than August 2020 and no behind March2021 Propositions ought to be connected to expert tasks and show how the scholar will utilize the understanding got to establish brand-new courses, curricula, or other scholastic programs at the house organization. These grants are created for university professors or administrators with less experience and who might not have actually had current access to research study or educational advancements in their disciplines. A doctorate degree is not needed, however candidates should hold a minimum of a master’s or comparable academic degree.
- Open to scholars in all disciplines and without regard to gender or age; nevertheless, propositions for scientific medical research study including client contact can not be authorized under the Fulbright Program
- Candidates should be people of the nation from which they use or irreversible citizens certified to hold a legitimate passport provided by that nation
- Applicants for research study grants should hold a doctorate degree or comparable terminal degree in their fields. Choice is provided to people who have at least 3 years of university mentor experience and an efficient academic record
- Applicants without doctorate degrees however who hold a master’s or comparable academic degree are qualified in the program and curriculum advancement classification
- Applications for doctoral argumentation research study, postdoctoral research study right away following the conclusion of a doctorate degree, or basic expert travel, are disqualified
- Choice will be provided to prospects who have not formerly got a Fulbright scholar grant
- Choice will be provided to prospects who have actually had no experience or restricted experience in the U.S.
- Candidates should have enough efficiency in English to perform their research study tasks and team up efficiently with coworkers. TOEFL examinations are not needed, however Posts might select to set up regional English language screening, if essential, to assess candidates’ language abilities. At a minimum, Posts ought to assess English-language efficiency through a recorded interview performed in-person or by videoconferencing, or by telephone if videoconferencing is not a feasible alternative
- Candidates should remain in health. Effective prospects will be asked to send a Case history and Assessment Report
- Scholars who were not successful in previous competitors might re-apply. Repeat candidates ought to modify their propositions, upgrade curriculum vitae, and acquire present letters of recommendation
- Scholars should suggest the grant classification for which they are using (research study or program and curriculum advancement). The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) will appoint scholars who do not suggest a choice to a suitable classification
- Each application should consist of 3 letters of recommendation
- Letters of invite are highly urged however not needed. Candidates are prevented from asking for association with an university. CIES will honor institutional association choices as far as possible. Candidates not familiar with U.S. organizations might ask for that CIES recognize appropriate positionings.
- Lab costs are not part of the basic advantages plan for the ARSP and are granted on a minimal, case-by-case basis, and just if financing is readily available.
- All applications are evaluated by a regional choice panel; last elections are evaluated in the United States by independent evaluation committees. Last choice of recipients is made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
For additional information, see Fulbright Scholar Program