Due Date: October 8, 2019
Applications for the Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship 2020 are now open. The Fellowship, a part of the Fulbright U.S. Trainee Program, supplies chances for picked Fulbright United States Trainee beneficiaries to take part in a scholastic year of storytelling on a worldwide substantial style. This Fellowship is enabled through a collaboration in between the U.S. Department of State and the National Geographic Society.
For the 2020-2021 competitors, the Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship will accept propositions to carry out a thorough assessment of a worldwide appropriate concern as an improvement to their Fulbright research study or arts job. Using a range of storytelling tools– consisting of, however not restricted to text, photography, video, audio/podcasts, public speaking, maps, and graphic illustrations– Writers have the chance to share their stories, and the stories of those they satisfy, through National Geographic and social networks platforms.
In addition to getting basic Fulbright advantages (for travel, stipend, health, and so on) and a products and reporting unique allowance, Writers get direction in storytelling methods, consisting of efficient blog site writing, video production, photography, public speaking, and other appropriate training by National Geographic personnel prior to their departure. National Geographic likewise offer editorial mentorship for Fellows throughout their Fulbright grant duration. Writers offer product for National Geographic’s Explorers blog site on a regular and continuous basis throughout their grant term.
The National Geographic Society supports research study, expedition, and preservation throughout the world with a concentrate on jobs that highlight science, innovation, and storytelling to assist safeguard species-at-risk, much better comprehend human history and culture, and save a few of our world’s last wild locations.
- Open to candidates for the Fulbright open study/research and arts awards to all nations other than China.
- The perfect prospect will have a shown skill for storytelling (consisting of however not restricted to publications in print, online or multimedia platforms) and a scholastic or expert background appropriate to their proposed job.
- This application cycle, National Geographic has actually revealed a strong interest in job concentrated on Oceans and Water, with a specific interest in plastics, neighborhood seaside and fishery management, and biodiversity.
- Job propositions on other subjects of interest (consisting of however not restricted to science, culture, and preservation) will likewise be accepted for evaluation and might be picked.
- Prospects from all fields are motivated to use.
- Choice will be provided to prospects with shown experience and skill in storytelling.
- Prospects should have finished a minimum of a bachelor’s degree by the start of the Fulbright award.
All application products, consisting of scholastic records and recommendation letters should be sent in the Fulbright Online Application and Suggestion System by Tuesday October 8, 2019 at 5 pm Eastern Time Paper copy submissions will not be accepted.
In addition to the Fulbright Study/Research Application, the following additional products are needed and to be published into the application:
- Storytelling Proposition
- Storytelling Portfolio and Story
Examine the Fulbright-National Geographic Application Elements (link listed below) area for standards on sending these needed products. Candidates should choose “Yes” to “Are you looking for the Fulbright-National Geographic Fellowship”.
For additional information, see Fulbright-National Geographic