Deadline: December 10, 2021
Applications are open for the Generation Google Scholarship 2022/2023 for Women in Computer Science in EMEA. The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selected students will receive a €7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
For more information, visit Generation Google Scholarship.