Deadline: September 24, 2020
Do you have an innovative idea that could revolutionise the field of Global Security? Apply for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2020. The prize recognises deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
- The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10,000 and a certificate of excellence.
- The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The winners will be announced publicly during an online event to be held in November 2020.
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security, and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations.
- No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
- Applications must be in English.
The winners will be selected by the panel of judges, and selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Dedication to sustainable global security
- Preservation of human dignity, security and justice
Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
- A project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- A well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- Up to five image files (optional).
For more information, visit GCSP Prize.