Application Deadline: November 26th 2019
The GET.invest Finance Catalyst links renewable energy projects to finance opportunities and vice versa, targeting small- and medium-scale renewable energy (RE) projects, currently in sub-Saharan Africa.
It provides advisory support on project development, project structuring and accessing finance through a team of dedicated experts with extensive experience in renewable energy project development and finance.
The GET.invest Finance Catalyst support is available to all project proposals that meet the following minimum criteria:
- Only projects with a cumulative generation capacity between 0.5-50 MW or aggregated investments in the range of € 1-70 million are eligible. This can include distributed generation.
- Projects must be situated in sub-Saharan Africa. Services for the Caribbean and Pacific region are in preparation.
- Projects may comprise electricity generation, electricity distribution (in the case of mini-grids and standalone systems), mechanical energy and industrial / process heat or cooling. Transmission projects or biofuels / transport projects are not eligible.
- Applicants may be private sector developers (local and international), NGOs, universities or research institutions. Preference is given to projects with a significant private sector representation.
- There must be a demonstrable connection with one or more European institutions or companies in the project. This could be a private sector stakeholder, a government institution, a university or a research institution.
- The major part of the project’s scope must be a renewable energy system investment. Hybrid systems with a reasonable share of renewable generation capacity are also eligible.
- Projects must be conceptualised as revenue generating and meet a minimum economic viability and sustainability threshold.
The Finance Catalyst team works with project developers. We connect
qualified projects to development finance institutions (DFIs), project
preparation support instruments, impact investors and commercial
lenders, providing in-kind advisory (but no direct financial support).
The Finance Catalyst delivers through a lean, non-bureaucratic setup, and an à la carte portfolio of services:
- Development support geared
at projects at a relatively early stage, but with concrete financing
prospects, and providing guidance on the necessary steps of project
development in order to ensure completeness and quality.
- Structuring support
advising on essential aspects of business case and financing models and
supporting developers towards structuring their propositions in a way
that corresponds to the needs and expectations of financiers.
- Access to finance support
to identify appropriate financing options for projects and to align
project documentation with the specific requirements of financing and
- Transaction support to
provide assistance in the contractual negotiations during project
preparation, including (for example) aspects of the financing
transaction, term sheets, contractual agreements with specialised
advisory, or the fulfilment of conditions precedent.
For More Information: