Due Date: January 15, 2019
The Terra Structure for American Art welcomes applications for the 2019 Terra Summertime Residency in Giverny, France. Established in 2001, the Terra Summer season Residency unites doctoral scholars of American Art and emerging artists around the world for a nine-week property program in the historical town of Giverny, France.
The program motivates independent work while supplying workshops and mentoring by senior scholars and artists to promote reflection and dispute. The Terra Summer season Residency supplies a chance for individuals to broaden their scholastic and imaginative horizons, check out worldwide cultural viewpoints, and create long-lasting exchanges and expert networks.
In addition to a stipend, fellows get on-site accommodations, usage of working centers, and lunches throughout of the residency.
The 2019 Terra Summer season Residency will range from June 3 to August 2.
Terra Summer season Residency fellows get:
- A $5,000 stipend (artists get an extra $300 for the purchase of products);-LRB- ***************).
- A travel contribution (as much as $500 for people taking a trip from Europe, as much as $1,200 for people taking a trip from the United States and Canada, and as much as $1,500 for people taking a trip from other locations);-LRB- ***************).
- Accommodations in the Terra Structure houses and everyday lunches. Due to the nature and format of the program, the residency does not accommodate member of the family (consisting of partners and kids) or other visitors. Most of the bed rooms are single tenancy.
- Prospects worldwide can use. Candidates need to be either:.
- A visual artist with a master’s degree or its comparable at the time of application. Choice is offered to candidates who have actually finished their degree within the previous 5 years.
- A doctoral prospect looking into American art and visual culture or its function in a context of worldwide creative exchange prior to1980 Prospects at all phases of doctoral research study and composing are welcome to use.
- Candidates need to be advised by their argumentation consultant or teacher or previous art-school manager. Each teacher might advise an optimum of 2 prospects each year.
- Applicants for the Terra Summer season Residency will be examined on intellectual and imaginative quality, academic and creative achievements, and capability to contribute in a collegial and interdisciplinary neighborhood.
- As the program’s working language of the program is English, all candidates are anticipated to be proficient; understanding of French is a property however not needed.
- Visual artists: Click On This Link to start an online application.
- Doctoral prospects: Click On This Link to start an online application.
For additional information, go to Terra Summertime Residency