Due Date: October 23, 2019
ACLS welcomes applications for Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships in the History of Art 2020/2021, enabled by the generous assistance of the Getty Structure.
These fellowships are meant to support a scholastic year of research study and/or writing by early profession scholars from all over the world for a job that will make a considerable and initial contribution to the understanding of art and its history. The supreme objective of the job need to be a significant piece of academic work by the candidate. ACLS does not money imaginative work (e.g., books or movies), books, simple translation, or pedagogical tasks.
Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships might not be held simultaneously with other fellowships and grants, though they might be integrated with sabbatical. Period of the award should include the whole of the 2020-21 scholastic year, throughout which fellows should dedicate themselves to full-time research study and writing.
- ACLS will award 10 fellowships, each with a salary-replacement stipend of $60,000, plus $5,000 for research study and travel throughout the award duration.
- The fellowships are portable and are tenable at the fellow’s house organization, abroad, or at another suitable website for the work proposed. Awards likewise will consist of a one-week home at the Getty Research study Institute following the fellowship duration.
- Candidates should have a PhD that was provided in between September 1, 2014 and December 31, 2018.
- Applicants who made their PhDs in and/or are presently utilized in any humanistic field might use, so long as they show that their research study draws considerably on the products, approaches, and/or findings of art history, and adds to the field. Scholars might propose brand-new methods to art historic scholarship and/or check out connections in between art history and other humanistic disciplines.
- This program invites propositions from candidates without limitation regarding citizenship, nation of residency, place of work proposed, or work.
- An application should be finished in English by the candidate.
Peer customers in this program are asked to assess all qualified propositions on the following 4 requirements:
- The capacity of the job to advance the field of art history and make an initial and substantial contribution to understanding of art and its history.
- The quality of the proposition with regard to its approach, scope, theoretical structure, and grounding in the appropriate academic literature.
- The expediency of the job and the probability that the candidate will perform the work within the proposed timespan.
- The candidate’s academic record and capacity for academic accomplishment.
Applications should be sent online and should consist of:
- Finished application
- Proposition (no greater than 5 pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman 11- point typeface)
- Approximately 3 extra pages of images or other supporting non-text products (optional)
- Task bibliography (no greater than 2 pages)
- Publications list (no greater than 2 pages)
- 2 recommendation letters
To find out more, check out Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships