Due Date: May 15, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the Getty Images Reportage Grant for Editorial Photography 2019 The Getty Images Reportage Grant continues the custom of their Editorial Grants program, which, from its starting in 2004, has actually supported independent photojournalists worldwide by supplying the innovative flexibility required to pursue work that is personally essential to them.
Getty Images’ commitment to quality in photojournalism suggests they comprehend that producing and handling extensive photography tasks needs time, flexibility, assistance and substantial resources. This year, they are granting 3 grants to support brand-new or continuous documentary photography tasks. Winners will be revealed in September.
- 3 winners will get $15,000 reward
- Acknowledgment in media protection of grant winners
- Guarantee that you maintain copyrights to the images you send for judges’ evaluation
- Choice to have Getty Images’ editorial assistance throughout your task
- Candidates need to be at least 18 years of ages and currently engaged as an expert photojournalist. An expert photojournalist, for the functions of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who obtains most of his/her earnings from recording concerns and occasions through still photography;-LRB- **************).
- Applicants might use as people or groups;-LRB- **************).
- Getty Images workers might not use. Factors to Getty Images who are not workers are qualified. By sending an application, candidate accredits that she or he is qualified to make an application for the grant and accepts be bound by these conditions.
- Summary of the task proposition (minutes 300 words, max 500)
- A brief bio detailing who you are and what you have actually done
- 20-25 initial images either associated to the proposition or unassociated portfolio images
- The propositions need to remain in English and be sent digitally
Grants will be granted by independent judges chosen by Getty Images for their proficiency and experience. Choice will be based upon the judges’ decision of candidate’s capability to perform the sent task with engaging a visual story in a documentary function format, taking into consideration the quality of portfolio, the task’s benefit and expert capability.
To find out more, check out Getty Images Reportage Grant