Due Date: October 1, 2019
Applications for the Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020/2021 are now open. The Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships are planned for emerging scholars to total deal with jobs connected to the Getty Research study Institute’s yearly research study style.
Receivers are in home at the Getty Research Study Institute or Getty Vacation Home, where they pursue research study jobs, finish their argumentations, or broaden argumentation for publication. Fellows utilize the Getty collections, take part a weekly conference dedicated to the yearly style, and take part in the intellectual life of the Getty.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellows are in home for 9 months from late-September to late-June and get a stipend of $25,000
- Getty Postdoctoral Fellows are in home for 9 months from late-September to late-June and get a stipend of $30,000
- Both fellowships likewise offer a work area at the Getty Research Study Institute or the Getty Vacation home, a house in the Getty scholar real estate complex, airline tickets to and from Los Angeles, and makes health care choices offered. These terms use since June 2019 and go through future modifications.
- Open to scholars of all citizenships;-LRB- **************).
- Present Getty personnel and members of their instant household are not qualified for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships;-LRB- **************).
- Getty Predoctoral Fellowship candidates should have advanced to candidateship by the application due date and must anticipate to finish their argumentations throughout the fellowship duration;-LRB- **************).
- Effective Predoctoral Fellowship candidates who are granted their degree after the application due date however prior to the fellowship starts, or who get their doctorate while in home, instantly end up being Postdoctoral Fellows;-LRB- **************).
- To be qualified to get the 2020-2021 scholar year, Postdoctoral Fellowship candidates must not have actually gotten their degree earlier than 2016.
All fellowships are granted on a competitive basis. Applications will be examined by the Getty Research study Institute based upon:
- The general quality of the application;-LRB- **************).
- How the proposed task bears upon the yearly research study style;-LRB- **************).
- The candidate’s previous accomplishments; and
- How the task would gain from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
- Candidates are needed to finish and send the online Fellowship application (that includes publishing a Task Proposition; Picked Bibliography; Doctoral Argumentation Strategy or Abstract; RÃ©sumÃ©; Composing Sample; Verification letter; and any residency documents needed for an NEH fellowship) by the due date.
- 2 recommendation letters are likewise needed for this application
For more details, see Getty Fellowships