Deadline: September 22, 2021
Applications are open for the GIST Catalyst Virtual Pitch Competition 2021. The U.S. Department of State is excited to announce the 2021 Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Catalyst pitch competition will be taking place virtually during Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 8-14, 2021). Apply to ensure you get your chance to pitch your great solution to top investors and win up to $15k USD!!!
GIST Catalyst offers young STEM entrepreneurs the opportunity to elevate their pitch and showcase their scale-up on a global stage, while receiving valuable mentorship from American entrepreneurs and academics who are leaders in the field of entrepreneurship.
Catalyst also provides participating entrepreneurs with the opportunity to increase the visibility of their scale-up. Because the live semi-final and final pitches will be held on a virtual platform, the viewers will not be limited geographically. This is an opportunity to promote your scale-up to your community, network, and the world – showcasing your innovation and attracting support. GIST Catalyst has helped innovators secure funding for their ventures, collaborate with the U.S. private sector, and build new partnerships.
Participants of the 2021 GIST Catalyst Virtual Pitch Competition will be competing for tens of thousands of dollars in mini grants and entrepreneurial resource prizes, the opportunity for mentorship and training, a chance to showcase their innovative solution to the entire GIST community including investors, and the prestige that comes with every GIST event.
- 1st Place: $15k
- 2nd Place: $12k
- 3rd Place: $10k
- Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur: $8,500
- Spirit of GIST: $1,500
- People’s Choice: $1,500
- All entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 40 from GIST economies are encouraged to apply.
- All pitch videos and live pitches must be done entirely in English.
- All entries should be at the Idea or Startup stage.
- Special consideration will be given to startups who address challenges through Agriculture Innovations, Clean Climate & Energy Innovations, Global Health Innovations, Water Solution Innovations.
- Special consideration will be given to startups whose solutions address the needs of traditionally underrepresented groups.
You will need to make a 90 second pitch video and use a video hosting service such as YouTube for your GIST Catalyst application. This video will be used during the adjudication, allowing judges the chance to learn more about you and your scale-up. Ensure your pitch video is concise, high-quality and no longer than 90 seconds. All pitch videos need to be in English.
For more information, visit GIST Catalyst Competition.