Deadline: September 20, 2020
Applications for the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2020 are now open. The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty.
The Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in the belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving. That is why they created the Cisco Youth Leadership Award.
- The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
In addition to the Prize, the organisers may pay the following for the Prize Finalists (if travel is required):
- Return economy airfares to the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony and/or to locations for purposes of filming the broadcast of the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony, with the flight originating from the Prize Finalist’s nearest capital city in December 2020;
- If applicable, hotel accommodation for the attendance of the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony or for purposes of filming the broadcast of the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony;
- If applicable, a per diem of one hundred United States dollars USD$100 per day for approximately two (2) days in December 2020;
- Ground transportation to and from events hosted by organisers, where the attendance of the Prize Finalists is requested;
- Visa processing fees for the Prize Finalists not exceeding five hundred United States dollars (USD$500) in total to be reimbursed to Prize Finalist following receipt of an invoice detailing said fees.
- Open to individuals aged 18 years to 30 years by December 31, 2020;
- Applicants should operate or work for an existing organization
- Applicants may be from anywhere in the world.
- Candidates will be judged against criteria by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent experts.
- Up to 10 semi-finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 15, 2020 to submit 3 letters of recommendation. (Once you apply for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission.) Supplemental information might also be requested of semi-finalists.
- If selected as one of the 10 semi-finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field. From the 5-10 semi-finalists, 3 finalists will be selected and notified on or around October 30, 2020. The 3 finalists will move forward to a public vote and final round of judging.
- The Prize Winner will remain confidential and announced either at the time of filming, live on stage at the 2020 Global Citizen Prize Ceremony or via broadcast in December 2020.
Entrants will be selected based on individual merit and organizational strength in advancing one or more of the United Nation Global Goals for Sustainable Development, based on the following five (5) criteria:
- Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a global citizen and a global problem solver.
- Technological Innovation: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
Apply now to win US $250,000 to support your work. The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EDT Sunday, September 20.
For more information, visit Cisco Youth Leadership Award.